The Only Pearl-Accented Fashion Pieces You Need This Season
Like a designer handbag or a great pair of heels, pearls are straight-up timeless — which is likely why almost every girl has a set in her jewelry box. That said, the ladylike gemstone can lack RN appeal — even with granny chic style being a thing. So how to rock this classic embellishment without compromising your burgeoning rep as street-style bait? The 12 Insta-worthy pieces below. From pearl-studded shoes to statement jewelry, these transformative essentials are giving off a whole new ‘tude.
1. Topshop Ocean Floral Crossbody Bag ($68): Hello, crossbody bag of our dreams. As if the floral embroidery and streamlined silhouette weren’t enough to make you swoon, pearl stud detailing lends just the right amount of girl-next-door-gone-bad edge.
2. Joomi Lim Victorian Romance Swarovski Pearl Velvet Choker Necklace ($40): Punctuate an off-duty ensemble — complete with high-waist vintage denim and a graphic tee — with a hint of punk panache by wearing this velvet pearl-trimmed choker. The delicate self-tie style can be tied into a bow at the back for a romantic ladylike look that feels right on cue for everything from bottomless mimosas to afternoons spent gallery hopping.
3. Stuart Weitzman Decorslide ($498): Be it a swanky rooftop cocktail party or your bestie’s nuptials, these pearlescent steppers are a shoo-in for your ready-to-fête style. Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn a la Breakfast at Tiffany’s by teaming them with a smart LBD and a masterly cat eye.
4. Zara Tailored Jacket With Twin Buttons ($149): Snoozy work separates just aren’t your style. This embellished jacket, on the other hand, is right up your alley. Bust it out for a Monday morning boardroom meeting with a striped blouse, cropped ankle trousers, and metallic-toe boots FTW.
5. Forever21 Studded Faux Leather Belt ($9): Killer spring style is a cinch with this studded skinny belt on hand. For a street style-approved after-dark look, wrap two around a sharp black blazer. Rock it solo or let a lace-trimmed silk cami peek out for some seriously sultry vibes.
6. Mango Pearl Earrings ($16): These are NOT your grandma’s pearls. An architectural setting and unexpected gray tinge give the timeless gem major RN appeal. Strike the perfect balance of polish and sass by popping these beauts on with a flirty floral frock or a feminine blouse.
7. ASOS White Pearl Embellished Sweater ($68): We know, we know — parting ways with your beloved sweats on Sunday morning is downright upsetting. Trimmed in oversized pearl embellishments, this sweatshirt is the ultimate solution to any weekend wardrobe conundrum.
8. Urban Outfitters Pearl Bobby Pins ($10): Don’t-care hair is kind of sort of your signature — and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right? For those occasions where your beauty routine runs the risk of coming off as sloppy, just slip these pearly pins into your tresses for instant elegance.
9. Fred Banana Tara Round-Frame Embellished Acetate Sunglasses ($200): Who knew throwing shade could look this good? These embellished sunnies will be the first thing you reach for when rooftop drinks and lazy beach days are back in business (they’re pretty good at tackling snow glare too — just sayin’).
10. Karine Sultan Hammered Imitation Pearl Cuff ($128): Plan on digging your toes into the sand this spring break? Meet the only accessory you need to stash in your carry-on bag. The perfect partner to sunkissed skin and ethereal maxi dresses, this hammered cuff will put a contemporary finish on a free-spirited bohemian look.
11. Steve Madden Crowne Dress Sandals ($90): Any excuse is a good one to snag a new pair of kicks, and these studded stunners are vying for a top spot on your spring style must-have list. Decked out in flashy bits, these babies have major dance-floor potential.
12. Cornelia Webb Gold-Plated Pearl Ring ($185): Scandi chic jewelry is officially a thing, thanks to this sculptural bauble from Cornelia Webb. Skip the stacking rings and slip this number on for a look that reads minimalist muse.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.