9 Solange-Approved Mules to Slip into This Spring
The ever-elegant mule has come a long way over the last couple of seasons, usurping the polished pump’s place in Instababe wardrobes the world over. Surprising? Not really. The understated shoe has evolved beyond “trend” status to become a force to be reckoned with thanks to sculptural designs, scene-stealing embellishments, and bold embroidery. That and their ability to make everything from frayed-hem jeans to lazy girl-approved joggers look impossibly chic. Don’t believe us? Just ask the eternally fashionable Solange Knowles, who has been known to step out in this style.
We dare you not to fall in love with this slip-on style by Gucci after you’ve spotted them on Solange. (Photo via Getty)
1. Zara Silver-Toned Leather Mules ($90): Work or play, these fierce metallic mules are the steppers you’ll always want to have on standby. The low-profile gives off a fuss-free feel, while quicksilver leather and a square-toed silhouette are just the thing to make tried-and-true threads feel fresh.
2. Paloma Wool Pia Mules ($158): Blue suede shoes? They don’t have anything on this sunny yellow pair. Even on the grayest of days, their cheerful vibe will infuse your getup — and your outlook — with the vibrancy of spring. Pair them with statement sleeves, raw-edge denim, and a Solange-approved wicker purse for an effortless look that feels fit for laid-back weekend shenanigans.
3. Topshop Rome Sandal ($90): Allow their bold pattern and unique knotted detailing to take center stage by styling them alongside a palette of neutral hues. Or rock pattern on pattern a la Ms. Knowles’ signature.
4. Steven Valente Leopard Mules ($109): Allow yourself to take a walk on the wild side once in a while by adding these exotic kicks into your arsenal. Snoozy black trousers and knits take on a totally new ‘tude when you slip these suckers on, along with statement earrings and a sleek leather jacket.
5. Mango Leather Wrap Sandals ($80): When you have a pair of pink mules this fly, you’ll find any reason to whip them out. Take ’em along to cocktail hour with a belted jumpsuit and a matching box clutch that you know who would love, or better yet, toss them on with a flirty lace frock and bold drops for an upcoming wedding.
6. Sam Edelman Stanley Block Heel Mules ($100): Putting a bit of spring in your step is as easy as popping these pretty orange kicks on. Pair with an eye-catching gold arm party and shades of navy and blue for maximum impact.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Ravis Embellished Loafer Mule ($150): Bey’s li’l sis knows how to style embellishments — and so do you. Adorned with gold studs and a colorful crystal bracelet, these black velvet mules will be the crown jewel of your closet.
8. Sol Sana Tina Mule Sandals ($150): Every burgeoning style maven needs a pair of red hot heels, and these suede stunners are prepared to answer the call of duty. A comfy alternative to traditional stilettos, they’ll keep feet happy without compromising your style cred.
9. BP Maddy Mule ($70): Sophisticated and flirty — just like our fave tastemaker — these slip-ons won’t disappoint. Spice up workwear in a snap by tossing them on for an early morning board meeting, or do the boy-meets-girl thing for the weekend with an oversized denim jacket, band tee, and mirrored sunnies.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.