This Is the Most Popular Fragrance in Your State
Sure, you’ve got your own fave signature scent — but what about your BFF’s? What’s your neighbor’s perfume-de-choice? Actually, we might have a way of finding out! Fragrance.com recently collected data on the most popular perfumes in each state (according to sales data), and the results are surprising! Here’s a look at the top scents and which states prefer them.
1. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue ($29): This scent was designed to capture the Italian sky and sea breeze with hints of citron, apples, and jasmine. No wonder it tops the chart in a whopping 17 states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
2. Calvin Klein Eternity ($24): There’s an eternal amount of love for this romantic fragrance in California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, and Virginia. Expect hints of freesias, mandarin, white lily, and sandalwood just in time for early fall days.
3. Calvin Klein Obsession ($50+): People are #obsessed with this peppy fragrance in Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, and West Virginia. The blend of mandarin, bergamot, jasmine, and vanilla really appeals to the sensual side.
4. Mackie by Bob Mackie ($17): Ladies in the heartland states of Iowa, Nebraska, and Oklahoma heart Bob Mackie for good reason. But rest assured, the refreshing smell of peach, mimosa, and passion flower will win you over too.
5. Aquolina Pink Sugar ($23): This sweet vanilla and caramel scent remains the crowd favorite in the far west states of Alaska and Washington.
6. Jessica McClintock Eau De Parfum Spray ($28): The islanders of Hawaii love this scent, and we can see why. It has floral, citrus, and lemon notes that will transport you right to the tropics.
7. Calvin Klein Euphoria ($112): In Missouri, they are euphoric for this fruity fragrance filled with seductive scents of pomegranate and black orchid. PS: It comes in a gorg bottle that would look great on any vanity.
8. Clinique Happy ($52): There must be something in the mountain air in Montana that just makes a gal heart the happy. With just a hint of citrus and touches of florals and red grapefruit, the crowd-pleasing fragrance has been a favorite for years.
9. Serge Lutens Nuit De Cellophane ($150): They’re into this exotic-named fragrance in New Hampshire thanks to an enchanting mix of light-as-air florals with strong woodsy undertones.
10. Calvin Klein CK The One – Unisex ($70): Both gals and guys in New Mexico have found “the one” scent for them in this throwback scent. Who didn’t fall for the ’90s era appeal of those ads?
11. Burberry Eau De Parfum Spray ($28): You already know the Brits have all the love for Burberry. Guess where else it’s trending? Utah!
12. Lavin Arpege ($32): In Vermont, this lemony, lilac, peach blossom, and peony blend reigns supreme. Such a succulent perfume would make the perfect addition to a warm fire and craft cocktails.
13. Liz Claiborne by Liz Claiborne ($20): When you think Wyoming, you might think outdoorsy types rule. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room to love a little feminine, floral scent like this classic.
Looking for more beauty news? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.