9 Ways to Celebrate National Thread the Needle Day
Tomorrow is National Thread the Needle Day, and there are two great things about random holidays like this one:
So how exactly does one celebrate, you ask?
First things first: Brit + Co online classes are buy one, get one starting Sunday. That includes all of our Needle + Thread classes, so you can get a head start on celebrating over the weekend!
Here are a few ways to do it big:
1. Overcome your fear of the sewing machine. Take our Sewing 101 class with Roxy Taghavian to get started on making your own threads.
2. Take up Embroidery as a super-portable hobby. Your BOGO will get you the beginner and intermediate classes, so by the end of the weekend, you’ll know how to embroider florals and cute sayings onto handkerchiefs, wall art and more.
3. Find a favorite out of thesethese gorg wall hangings. And learn how to make it from the queen of weaving herself. If you haven’t caught one of Marianne Moody’s sold-out weaving workshops, you can take her class, Intro to Latch Hook, on-demand in the B+C Classroom and pick up a copy of her book, On the Loom ($21).
4. Do some summer cleaning. Clear some space in your closet to make room for all your new handmade clothes.
6. Give your new gear a home. Crochet a cute AF basket for your crochet supplies. #meta
7. Turn your fabric scraps into a handmade quilt. Take our Intro to Modern Quilting class, with the same teacher who made this.
8. Make aleather trayfor your nightstand.
9. Create unique gifts for friends and family. Sew a Dopp kit for your dad or dude with this tutorial.
Don’t forget to show us how you’re celebrating! Tag @BritandCo on Instagram and use #iamcreative and #bcweekender.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.