We’re Calling It — Tiger Eye Hair Is the It Color for 2017
Brunettes, get excited, ’cause there’s a haute new hair trend geared exclusively toward us! Tiger eye (also called tiger’s eye) balayage has been blowing up our Insta, and we are officially calling it as a standout trend for 2017. Named after the semi-precious tiger eye rock, the hair color mimics the rich reds, golds and browns in the stone’s signature design. With hints of coppers and caramels on a dark brown base, it lets us combine our obsession with next-level hair and a love of all-things geode, resulting in a luxe, dimensional style. Plus, tiger eye hair is a bleach-free alternative to those eye-popping pastels we’ve been spotting all season long. So feast your eyes on these piping-hot hair hues and just try to pick only one fave.
1. Tiger Eye Ombre: Bring shades of honey, deep auburn and blonde highlights together with an ombré tiger eye. The stone is said to bring a much-needed dose of clarity to your life, so go ahead and show this pic to your stylist now for a calm start to 2017.
2. Read-Hot Waves: After just one look at these warm coppery hues, we already knew we were in mega hair-love. This center-parted style with cascading waves perfectly displays the fiery reds of this hot look.
3. Tiger Eye Lob: Show off your natural roots by adding amber highlights and caramel undertones. Keep the look chic and timeless courtesy of a sleek lob and straight locks.
4. Coppery Goals: The gorgeous blend of brilliant coppers with hints of auburn and brown is what holiday hair dreams are made of. Couple the warm tones with soft barrel curls at your ends for a full-bodied, autumn-ready look.
5. Warm Caramel Notes: Here’s a look that’ll work on long and short hair alike. This stylist opted for more neutral caramel hues for an understated variation on the typical gold and copper colors.
6. Short ‘N Shaggy: Pixie-haired gals can get in on the action by layering colors into their short, shaggy locks. Gone are the days of your hair feeling flat — the broad range of tones will add texture to choppy cropped cuts.
7. Long and Layered: The multi-dimensional color of tiger eye balayage looks bomb AF on a long, layered ‘do. Opt for this subtle technique rather than ombre to blend shades of blonde into your mane seamlessly.
8. Man Curls: Even dudes are getting in on the trend! Hold on to those sun-kissed shades of natural summer highlights with curly amber tips and scruffy auburn hues.
9. Grown-Out Tiger Eye: Get your grunge on with distinctly dark roots and tiger-eye curls. The unkempt style is the epitome of cool RN, and what better way to channel your inner boho babe than with amber-tipped tresses?
Which tiger eye hairstyle would you be down to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo!