10 Jackets That Master the Transition to Fall
Ah, the arrival of fall — it means apple picking, football season, pumpkin everything, and, of course, layering. Yes, we finally get to start throwing on awesome outerwear to add an extra shot of style to our outfits. (More fashion? Yes, please.) From trucker jackets to bombers to trenches, autumn-worthy options are officially on offer starting now — and make for an easy way to elevate any look, from a tee and jeans to a midi dress. If you’re ready to shop for your perfect transitional topper, scroll on for 10 picks we’re going gaga for.
1. Zara Denim Jacket With Contrasting Sleeves ($119): The jean jacket gets a sweater weather upgrade. It’s like your favorite chunky knit and your classic trucker got together and had a super stylish baby.
2. Topshop Vinyl Trench Coat ($170): Every woman should have a trench in her closet. We’ll take this slick burgundy version, please and thank you.
3. Lulu’s Rock ‘n’ Rose Black Embroidered Vegan Leather Moto Jacket ($125): Florals are on tap for fall in a big way. If you’re not the pretty, precious type, an embroidered moto makes for an edgy way to embrace the trend.
4. H&M Bomber Jacket ($50): Wear this tweedy option with a casual tee and distressed denim or with wide-leg trousers for work. Either way, you’re perfectly on point.
5. Harvey Faircloth Peplum Vintage Army Jacket ($475): This beauty is the ideal combo. Army jacket? Yes. Ruffly glen plaid trim? Oh, hell yes.
6. Members Only Velvet Bomber Jacket ($78): Jewel-toned velvet instantly takes any outfit into cooler weather and gives your look a hit of rich texture.
7. Sparkz Licken Jacket ($119): Leopard for fall is always a good idea. A lightweight style looks hot without overheating you.
8. Madewell x Penfield Lucan Pink Fleece Jacket ($160): Fashion meets function in this blush babe. Comfy and cool all at the same time? We dig it.
9. & Other Stories Corduroy Jacket ($215): This chic embroidered trucker lets you channel fall’s Western vibe without looking like you’re wearing a cowgirl costume. Yippie ki-yay!
10. Soft Joie Blakesley Jacket ($298): Part sweater, part jacket, this varsity-style topper is the perfect piece for early in the season. It’s cozy, cool, and perfect for back to school (or just looking like you are).
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.