15 Fashion and Beauty Essentials for Surviving Long International Flights
There’s nothing comfortable or glam about being cramped in an airplane seat for 17 hours while you fly internationally, but, luckily, there are a few tricks to make the trip bearable. Yes, knowing what to pack in your carry-on and how to pack smarter when you travel are clutch. Now, here are the fashion and beauty essentials you need in your allowed personal bag that will make your next long-haul journey fly by.
1. Madewell x Parachute Merino Travel Kit ($130): When you’re trying to catch some ZZZs on your flight, a soft face mask and blanket combo is a must. This luxe travel combo includes a merino wool blanket and extra-chic eye mask. It also comes in an adorable blue and white travel case.
2. Bowers and Wilkins PX Noise Cancelling Headphones ($399): Leave your earbuds at home and enlist noise-canceling headphones. They block out the noise of other travelers and are key for actually hearing in-flight movies. These are comfy enough to sleep in, Bluetooth-enabled, and wired, so you have ~*options*~ on how you want to listen to your music.
3. ATN Compression’s Knee High Confetti Socks ($40): When you’re seated on a plane, a pair of compression socks will save your circulation. So why not choose a pair that comes in a variety of patterns? And, remember, it doesn’t hurt to walk up and down the aisles occasionally to stretch your legs.
4. Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water ($7): Cleanse your skin with a micellar water that will make sure your face is clean and ready for masking (more on that next).
5. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Mini ($22): Clear gel masks are for the girl who wants to have a self-care moment without it being completely obvious to other passengers.
6. Muji Well-Fitted Neck Cushion ($25): It’s crucial to have a good neck pillow if you want to snooze in style and comfort. The Muji Well-Fitted Neck Cushion is filled with cushy little microbeads that mold to your natural shape. The clasp allows you to lock your pillow in place when you’re dozing, and also conveniently clasps around your luggage handles, so you don’t risk losing your pillow.
7. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35): This delightful spray keeps your skin fresh and toned with a fragrant, floral aroma — a nice departure from stale plane air for sure.
8. BKR x Hum Red Carpet Set ($48, on sale from $63): If junk food and travel go hand-in-hand for you (samesies), tote along this water bottle for hydration and these vitamins. Hum Red Carpet supplement includes GLA, ALA, vitamin E, and Biotin to strengthen your nails and add shine to your locks.
9. Bath and Body Works Ocean Hand Sanitizer ($6): Keep germs at bay with a mini hand sanitizer. This comes in a pack of five and is scented with invigorating blue cypress.
10. Thrive Peppermint Essential Oil ($13): When you feel a headache coming on, take a whiff of this peppermint oil to help soothe your pain. Peppermint oil is also wonderful for rubbing on sore joints and to help with stiffness, but a word of warning: Use just a drop or so at a time because this formula is strong.
11. Coola Cucumber Mineral 30 SPF Moisturizer ($36): It’s important to protect your skin from UVA rays on the plane — especially if you’re in a window seat. The Coola Cucumber Mineral Moisturizer has both moisturizing and ray-blocking capabilities and comes in a TSA-appropriate travel size.
12. Context Lip Repair 30 SPF ($10): Protect and hydrate your pout with this balm that contains SPF 30 and an ultra-soothing combo of sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil, hemp seed oil, and vitamin E oil.
13. Cuyana Classic Tote ($175): A classic bag will never go out of style, especially when it’s large enough to stash all your essentials and then some. You can even add a monogram for free.
14. Byredo Mojave Ghost Hand Cream ($36): We know that moisturizing is the name of the game when you’re flying, so naturally, that includes your hands. Keep your palms supple and smooth with this lightweight cream that smells so luxurious with notes of ambrette and violet.
15. Stowaway Vacation Getaway Set ($89): When your pilot finally announces that you’re going to be landing shortly, whip out this handy makeup kit for an easy touch-up. It contains cheek and lip color, bronzer, liner, and mascara.
Do you have any tricks? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Getty)