Travel-Friendly Fashion and Beauty Items Every Jetsetter Needs
Celebs treat the airport like their own personal runway these days, so schlepping it in coach in sneaks and sweats just won’t do. (Unless, of course, they look cool, and then yes, 100 percent approved.) When you want to depart — and arrive — looking your best without lugging your entire closet, here’s what you need to bring. Scroll below to see the best easy-to-pack fashion and beauty items for your upcoming warm-weather getaway.
1. Lulus Tricks of the Trade Taupe Maxi Dress ($73): Al fresco dinners call for a floor-length stunner in a shade that will complement a sun-kissed glow, like taupe. Lulu’s versatile version can be worn multiple ways thanks to extra-long fabric straps; plus, it won’t wrinkle in your carry-on.
2. Krimson Klover Calligraphy Cardigan ($98): A long cardigan in a bright, hand-painted pattern will keep you on trend on the tarmac, regardless of what you have on under it. Pair it over a dress one day or jeans and a tee the next.
3. Ecoswim V-Neck Tunic Cover-Up ($58): A breezy cover-up is a must for any warm-weather trip.
4. Rumba Soho Leather Watch in Sky ($65): A wear-with-anything timepiece in a cool hue like dove gray says classic in all the right ways.
5. Mer Sea Travel Wrap ($110): Freezing planes that don’t have a surplus of blankets on board mean one thing: Travel with a wrap. This cashmere one from Mer Sea is super soft and it fits neatly into its own little pouch.
6. Isola Monica Sandals ($50): Upgrade your basic flip flops with embellished white sandals. They take up little space, fold easily, and look way cuter in #TravelTuesday pics.
7. Pair of Thieves June & Beaver Socks ($16): Matchy-matchy mommy and kiddo socks? Probably the most adorable thing ever and super useful for long trips when socks seem to go missing.
8. Black Halo Varla 2pc Jumpsuit ($375): A black and white jumpsuit never fails as a date-night option. The off-the-shoulder top ruffled sleeve and high-waisted, cropped pant add a flirty appeal. You can rock it alone one day or with a jacket on top for an elevated look.
9. Victoria’s Secret PINK Keyhole Halter One-Piece ($50): A peekaboo keyhole makes this high-neck style trend-right. Plus, this swimsuit doubles as a sexy bodysuit under a maxi skirt for dinner.
10. Oceanside Beach Shorts ($39): If you can only fit one pair of shorts in your luggage, make sure it’s a pair that fits in on the boardwalk as easily as it does for sunset cocktails.
11. Mario Badescu Travel Size Facial Spray ($4): Your skin can take a beating on a plane — keep it refreshed with frequent spritzes of Mario Badescu’s travel-friendly miracle worker that’s infused with aloe, cucumber, and green tea.
12. Moroccanoil Shimmering Body Oil ($48): Want that J.Lo glow on your trip? Apply this TSA-approved pearlescent body oil all over.
13. La Prairie Swiss Cellular White Intensive Illuminating Mask ($225 for six): Lighten, brighten, and calm your face mid-air? We’re sold. La Prairie’s two-piece, single-use mask fights dark-spots and reduces discoloration all while providing intense hydration at a high altitude.
14. Mermaid Magic Sea Salt Shimmer Spray Sampler ($28): When you want beachy waves à la the Victoria’s Secret squad, apply one of these fun mermaid salt sprays in gold, silver, or rose gold.
15. GloPRO MicroStimulation Facial Tool & HydraGLO Serum ($199): If you’re going to pack one teeny tiny beauty tool in your carry-on, make it a GloPRO. Its patented “MicroTips” pass over your face, restoring volume from the inside out. The red LED light leaves you with firmer, smoother, younger-looking skin.
16. Drunk Elephant Skin Fit Kit ($25): 3-in-1 for $25? Can’t beat that! Umbra is a sheer sunscreen that protects against harmful UV rays and prevents free radical damage, B Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel is an anti-aging vitamin B5 gel that improves skin texture and tone, while Lippe is a moisturizing, volumizing balm infused with sea fern algae to plump and nourish a sun, sand, and salt-water-dehydrated pucker.
What’s your favorite travel-friendly must-have? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.