Ok ladies, summer is *officially* here. You know what that means? It’s time to reinvent the way we do our nails — starting with the classic French mani. While the simple pearled-tip look is no doubt a go-to when it comes to rocking a universally wearable manicure, for your fashion-filled summer (think: kimonos and sultry swimwear), it’s all about embracing some refreshing color. Hit the beach with a set of next-level French tips by swapping out your basic whites for a two-tone look that’s sure to turn heads. Scroll on and get inspired.
1. Ombre: Give your tasteful French tips a modest color boost by trading up your pearly whites for pale pastels. Gradually transition the color from nail to nail for an on-trend ombre that’s a stunning must-try. Feel free to add in some clean lines for an extra dose of detailing.
2. Tweed: Who would have guessed that tweed would find its way into our summer manis? Rock an ocean-colored French manicure with a surprising tweed pattern to give your polished look a bit of movement.
3. Two-Toned Hearts: Pump up the romance this season by rocking a look that’s pretty-in-pink. To get the look, change up your classic French’s straight line design by bringing in a subtle heart pattern that’s vibrant and fresh. (via So Nailicious)
4. Turquoise: Why not wear a look that’s better than jewelry? You can turn your nails into your next statement piece by sporting a set of gemstone-inspired digits with slight silver detailing.
5. Gold: Having trouble letting go of that traditional French manicure look? Take things slow and elevate this sophisticated style by adding some gold for a subtle touch of bling.
6. Bow: A little detail can go a long way. Give your two-toned nails a playful touch by adding a small, jeweled bow for a sweet and whimsical aesthetic. (via The Polished Perfectionist)
7. Rainbow: From our hair to our eyeshadow, it’s no secret that rainbow *everything* is having its moment. Lounge on the beach with a swoon-worthy set of rainbow fingertips painted in the French style, or rock this for Pride and beyond.
8. Glitter: You’ve never been one to shy away from some sparkle. Give your nails a fun, Fourth of July style with a glittery mani that shines like holiday fireworks. Just don’t forget to add a bit of red to complete this patriotic look.
9. Negative Space: Take your reinvented manicure one step further by mixing and matching trends. Instead of fully painting your nails, give your fingers a minimalist look by pairing your two-tone style with the negative space technique.
10. Stripe: Just because you’re at the beach doesn’t mean you can’t rep your prep-loving style. Give your summer nails a crisp, preppy flair with some bright stripe detailing. This look is *perf* for showing off your high-spirited aura.
Are you into *all* the nail trends? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!