The countdown for Halloween is coming to a close, folks! First, we dished advice on how to rock head-to-toe orange without turning into a pumpkin. Now, we’re back with nine unexpected color combos that are a far cry from the classic orange + black that you’re probably used to. From a festive Halloween office party (seriously, these are the most work-appropriate “costumes” ever) to an evening spent handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters, we’ve got you covered with these looks.
Nude + Orange
1. Reformation Rochelle Dress ($98) + ASOS Pumpkin Beanie ($18): This pumpkin patch-inspired palette might as well be straight out of The Great Pumpkin. Get creative this Halloween by styling a nude colored turtleneck dress with a bright orange pumpkin beanie and black over-the-knee boots for a decidedly clever + seasonal look.
Neon Yellow + Silver
2. Brat + Suzie Creep Sweatshirt ($29) + Nasty Gal Metallic Skirt ($48): Halloween need not be restricted to pumpkins and scarecrows, people! For a getup that screams alien invasion, there’s no pairing more far out than neon yellow + silver. Rock this navy “creep” sweatshirt with a silver metallic skirt, an alien antenna and some googly eyes for one seriously futuristic look.
Purple + Orange
3. Missguided Bodycon Dress ($17) + ASOS Platinum Pointed Heels ($57): Black and orange was so yesterday. For a Halloween office party, this purple off-the-shoulder number with spooky eyes is guaranteed to turn heads. Top it off with a choker and some orange heels for a home-run look.
Teal + Black
4. H&M Butterfly Dress ($30) + H&M Masquerade Mask ($6): Get ready to dazzle this Halloweekend by sporting an iridescent teal dress and glittery black masquerade mask for a show-stopping look. When styled up with a pair of gold steppers, this color combo will be delightfully wicked.
Metallic Black + Red
5. ASOS Metallic Catsuit ($48) + Skinnydip Lips Clutch ($54): Unleash your sultry side with this #lazygirl costume that includes a slinky, metallic catsuit and lips clutch that may call to mind the Rocky Horror Picture Show. While a silver fanny pack would do, there’s something so much more macabre about toting around a set of red lips.
Nude + Black
6. Missguided Skeleton Dress ($26) + Jeffrey Campbell Chelsea Boot ($230): Don’t be that girl who throws on a black lace dress, pointy witch’s hat and calls it a day. Channel your inner skeletor with this nude-colored bodycon dress that flaunts a glittery skeleton. For an evening of shenanigans, a pair of sleek stompers and a spooky black lip are obligatory.
Purple + Black
7. Brat + Suzie Cat Print Dress ($46) + Kate Spade Cat Ear Headband ($47): Have cat ears, will turn into catwoman for the night. Give the orange hues a break by sporting this hauntingly chic purple dress with a playful cat ear headband and edgy combat boots. It’s the purrrfect #OOTD for handing out candy in, if we do say so ourselves.
White/Black + Iridescent
8. Mouchette Tee ($19) + Nasty Gal Backpack ($58): Ze cat’s out of the bag now. Kill the partygoers with your chicness a la this white zombie tee that flaunts major cat-itude. Solidify your fashion girl status with a cool iridescent backpack that can be used to stow away all of your favorite Halloween treats.
Gold + Black
9. Nasty Gal Fringe A-Line Skirt ($78) + ASOS Heels ($63): When in doubt, reach for the (metallic) gold skirt that will have you channeling your inner Sasha Fierce just like that. Offset the gold with a pair of black steppers — these just so happen to be adorned with cute candy corn-hued poms — for a fierce Beyoncé-inspired witch.
Which of these unexpected Halloween-inspired combos will you be rocking this year? Let us know in the comments below!