The 12 Best Candies You Should Pass Out This Year
Halloween is great for many reasons, but candy might be the biggest one (along with costumes, of course). When you’re stocking up on sweets this year, give your little trick-or-treaters something really epic to fill their bags with. You can leave the Whoppers and Snickers for the way less cool houses on the block and get ready for the cute little kiddos to ring that doorbell nonstop. From zombie Sour Patch Kids to Caramel Apple Milky Ways, these 12 other candies are deserving of some serious Halloween love. Let the hoarding begin…
1. Reese’s Nutrageous Minis: Reese’s have long topped the list as trick-or-treaters’ #1 candy, and for good reason. Nothing can beat that classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate. That is, unless you add some thick caramel and a sprinkle of peanuts. Looks like Reese’s is still king of the candy bowl.
2. Triple Chocolate Kit Kat: Hey all you chocolate lovers, Kit Kat just upped its game in a serious way. The layers of chocolate wafer with chocolate cream dipped in dark chocolate do the trick for this terrific treat.
3. Sour Patch Zombie Kids: What is it about these little guys that is so addictive? Seriously, put a bag of these gummies in front of us and we’ll eat them until they’re all gone… or until our tongue is raw from the sugar coating. Now take that deliciousness and put it in “zombie” form. Perfect.
4. Toblerone Crunchy Salted Almond: Yep, if you’re going all fancy-schmancy this year, you’ve got to have a couple of these bars on hand. Crush those salty-sweet cravings with these tasty bars that are practically worth their weight in gold.
5. Peanut Butter M&Ms: Reese’s have long reigned supreme as the ultimate Halloween candy, but now imagine all that peanut butter + chocolate goodness in bite-sized form. And by bite-sized, we mean you can eat them by the handful.
6. Airheads: These chewy candies are Laffy Taffy’s way cooler cousin, and there isn’t any of that awful yellow flavor. You’ll find (read: devour) deliciously tart options like cherry, raspberry and of course, the most sought-after flavor: White Mystery. Not sure what it tastes like? You must investigate these candies to find out ;)
7. Chocolate Butterscotch: Now that IKEA is selling candy, you can bet you’ll find us stocking up on Swedish sweets like these crunchy butterscotch bites covered in milk chocolate. Extra points to IKEA for the stylish B+W wrappers.
8. Take 5: It is a mystery to us why this candy bar is so underrated. With chocolate-covered pretzels, caramel and peanut butter, it’s chocolatey, chewy and crunchy, and we won’t blame you if one or two disappear on the drive home.
9. Bubble Gum Pop Rocks: Remember those rock hard blobs of bubble gum that would always break your jaw and rip apart your braces? Let the pop, crackle and snap commence.
10. Milky Way Caramel Apple Bites: Traditional Milky Ways are kinda “meh” and feel like a bit of a sugar overload. But add in some tart apple flavor and you’ve got a treat you can actually get excited about again.
11. Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins: Normally we wouldn’t condone messing with a classic, but that pumpkin shape means extra chocolate. Win-win.
12. Starburst Halloween: Starbursts can be hit or miss — great if you got a lot of red and pink, but “ick!” if you got all the yellow ones. However, the seasonal flavors sound seriously delicious: blackberry, mango and cherry kiwi.
What’s your favorite Halloween candy this year? Tell us what we missed in the comments below!