Follow This Unicorn Makeup Tutorial Just in Time for Halloween
Whether you’re walking down the beauty aisle or scrolling through your Instagram feed, one thing’s for sure: unicorn makeup is having a serious moment. While holographic highlighters and everyday glittery glosses are making their way into #MOTDs near and far, there’s no time like Halloween to get in on the trend. To help you make the most of your mythical creature beauty look, we tapped Florida-based makeup artist Vanessa Mendez for the step-by-step slay.
- Mehron Creamblend Stick ($14)
- Mehron iNtense Pro Pressed Pigment Palette in Fire ($54)
- Mehron Paradise AQ Glitter in White ($7)
- Mehron Paradise Makeup AQ in Light Pink, Fuschia, Light Blue, and Purple ($14 – $16)
- Mehron E.Y.E Lashes ($8)
- foam sponge applicator
- eyeshadow brush
- flat face makeup brush
- lip brush
1. Use the Mehron Creamblend Stick in a color that’s one shade lighter than your complexion to set the stage for your bright unicorn makeup. Swipe the product on your forehead, cheeks, and chin, and then use a foam sponge applicator (we love the BeautyBlender Sapphire ($20)) to blend everything in.
2. Using the Mehron iNtense Pro Pressed Pigment Palette in Fire, apply Hot Pink to make the outer edges of your face pop, then carve your cheekbones with a swipe of Fire Island. Be sure to blend, blend, blend for a blurred, ethereal effect.
3. Still working with the Mehron iNtense Pro Pressed Pigment Palette in Fire, apply a combination of Hot Pink, Purple Heat, and Ignite to your lids and lower lash lines, as well as a single color across your brows. Don’t worry about being matchy-matchy — part of what makes unicorn makeup look so magical is the carefree artistic quality that drives it.
4. Apply Mehron Paradise AQ Glitter in White along your hairline, throughout your brows, across your cheekbones, and on the center of your lids.
5. Gather your Mehron Paradise Makeup AQ in Light Pink, Fuschia, and Light Blue, wet your flat face makeup brush, and begin the drip process. Dip your over-saturated makeup brush into each color and allow the excess to drip down your neck. Again, it’s all about looking perfectly imperfect.
6. Wet your flat makeup brush and, after dipping it in the pressed color, use your finger to pull the bristles back to splatter color every which way.
7. Take your Mehron E.Y.E Lashes out of their package and adhere them to your upper lash line. Brush them out with a clean spoolie to blend with your natural lashes. Wet your lip brush, dip it into the Mehron Paradise Makeup AQ in Purple, and paint it across your pout. Keep in mind that this might be a tad drying, so be sure to start with a hydrating lip balm, like Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy ($26).
8. You’ve officially slayed the unicorn makeup trend. We won’t blame you if you want to wear it well past Halloween.