8 Unexpected Party Themes for Your 30th Birthday
How many parties have you been to recently with the same nice-yet-predictable theme? At this point, there’s nothing original about a ’90s party, even if does mean you get to wear your awesome collection of polka dot leggings. You could host a simple throwback birthday shindig or go just go with a colorful palette, but if it’s for your 30th it needs to be LEGIT. Instead of doing the same old, same old, go with one of these fresh and exciting new themes for your 30th birthday celebration.
1. Retro Roller Disco: Gather the squad for some roller derby action and bust out the jams and disco balls. Bonus points for jumpsuits, big hair, and way too much eyeshadow. (via Inspired by This)
2. Sorority House: Maybe you never joined one, maybe you were your chapter president — doesn’t matter. Everyone must wear matching twin-sets and pose for elaborate photos with Greek letters. If you’re smart about it, you’ll get a fratty group to join in later. (via My Paper Shop)
3. Disney Princesses: It would be cruel to just pick one. Instead, transform the event space into a castle and plan for cartoon royalty to make an appearance. Couples should show up as dynamic duos, with song and dance numbers highly encouraged. (via Brit + Co)
4. Galentine’s Day Waffle Brunch: Sure, it may not be February 13th, but what better excuse to celebrate the women (and waffles!) in your life than your birthday. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
5. Lilly Pulitzer: Finally, an opportunity to use every single color of tableware you have. Pink cutlery? Do it. Funky florals? You better be using those. Oh, and don’t forget the bold and punchy citrus. Slowly but surely, you’ll be able to pull together a playful party full of pattern-heavy shift dresses. (via Krystal Zaskey Photography / Every Last Detail)
6. Retro Dinner: Milkshakes, juke box classics, and a whole lot of poodle skirts. How else would you describe a malt shop in the ’50s? For fashion inspiration, your guests should refer to The Valley of the Dolls. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
7. Coachella: Tickets are legit expensive, and getting time off work to go is tricky. BUT, you can recreate the Indio Desert in your backyard, complete with rich textiles, a wicked playlist, and a whole lot of tassel fringe. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
8. ’90s Sleepover Party: Okay, so there IS a way to do throwback in an original way. Between the pajamas and old school movie and TV picks, your Saved By The Bell-inspired get-together will be all the rage. (via Aww Sam)
Follow us on Pinterest for more party themes and other entertaining inspiration.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)