How to Celebrate Your 30th Birthday Like the Ultimate ’90s Babe
The big 3-0 is finally here. It’s the start of a new decade and a new chapter — the end of your turbulent 20s and the beginning of your life as one of the 30, flirty and fabulous. So what’s a millennial gal to do? Throw a spectacular ‘90s birthday bash, duh! Think about it: What better way to kick off your future as an official “grown up” than partying it up like the ultimate ’90s kid you are? From scrumptious chill pills (no really!) to platform shoes that would give Cher Horowitz some serious style envy, these 30th birthday ideas are like totally essential!
5. Ban.do Life of the Party Bundle ($26): Sip on cocktails like the classy 30-year-old you are, using this simply playful silly straw. Now the only question is: What tasty drinks will you be mixing up for your retro school bash?
9. UO Pixapet ($10): Still mourning the loss of your Tamagotchi? Well, dry those tears, ’cause the digital pet is back with a vengeance! Give your guests the ultimate throwback favor with the gift that keeps on giving: the Pixapet.
11. Creative Sense Co ’90s Party Printable ($13): Whether you’re planning on setting up a photo booth or just looking to douse your birthday event with too much ’90s to handle, these props are most definitely a real crowd pleaser. From Ring Pops to Troll doll cutouts, the printable props will have your guests reminiscing all night long.
15. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera ($70): Strike a pose and vogue! Capture every moment of your significant birthday bash with a Polaroid that brings on that playful ’90s charm.
19. Cool Things ’80s and ’90s Trivia Game ($30): You’re the ’90s trivia queen, and it’s time for everyone to know it. Just be ready for tears when you repeatedly beat out the competition.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)