The big 3-0 is finally here. It’s the start of a new decade and a new chapter — the end of your turbulent 20s and the beginning of your life as one of the 30, flirty and fabulous. So what’s a millennial gal to do? Throw a spectacular ‘90s birthday bash, duh! Think about it: What better way to kick off your future as an official “grown up” than partying it up like the ultimate ’90s kid you are? From scrumptious chill pills (no really!) to platform shoes that would give Cher Horowitz some serious style envy, these 30th birthday ideas are like totally essential!
2. Chill Pill Twinkies: Take a chill pill — it is your birthday, after all. Combine your favorite retro slang with your old guilty pleasure by turning the basic Twinkie into a pretty and pink confection. Yum! (via Studio DIY)
3. ’90s Retro Free Printable Ice Cream Truck Party Invite: Facebook invites are SO last year. Start your posh throwback birthday right with these ultra vibrant invites. Just be sure to supply your guests with some ice cream to go along with your whimsical cards. (via Brite and Bubbly)
4. Cassette Cookies: What’s better than listening to ’90s classics like Janet Jackson and the Spice Girls? Munching on ’em, of course. Wait, what? Rep your old-school music love with some sweeties that’ll take you back to those days when you had to rewind your tunes. (via Brit + Co)
5. Ban.do Life of the Party Bundle ($26): Sip on cocktails like the classy 30-year-old you are, using this simply playful silly straw. Now the only question is: What tasty drinks will you be mixing up for your retro school bash?
6. UO Philips Wireless Picopix Pico Projector ($270): Celebrate your birthday with the Romy to your Michelle by watching your favorite ’90s films in style on a super sleek movie projector. Whether it’s Clueless or Jawbreaker, this tiny gadget will elevate any movie night.
7. DIY Heart Friendship Bracelet: While your bday bash is all about you, let’s not forget to properly celebrate with your besties too. Show your BFF love by making and exchanging some sweet friendship bracelets. (via Honestly WTF)
8. DIY ’90s Toys Costumes: You’ve never been the type to shy away from going all out. Take your ’90s soiree to the next level by adding a dress code to your already OTT event. Bright colors are your BFF when it comes to dressing for the occasion. (via Studio DIY)
9. UO Pixapet ($10): Still mourning the loss of your Tamagotchi? Well, dry those tears, ’cause the digital pet is back with a vengeance! Give your guests the ultimate throwback favor with the gift that keeps on giving: the Pixapet.
10. DIY ’90s Photo Booth: Photo booths are a must when it comes to planning the perfect Insta-worthy event. This neon splatter backdrop flawlessly brings back those ’90s Nickelodeon vibes. (via Sweet Pea and Poppy)
11. Creative Sense Co ’90s Party Printable ($13): Whether you’re planning on setting up a photo booth or just looking to douse your birthday event with too much ’90s to handle, these props are most definitely a real crowd pleaser. From Ring Pops to Troll doll cutouts, the printable props will have your guests reminiscing all night long.
13. Edible “Spray Paint” Donuts: The ’90s are all about iridescent everything — and donuts are no exception. Give your midnight munchies a super retro flair with donuts that are just as enchanting as they are delicious :). (via Aww Sam)
14. DIY Magic 8-Ball Balloons: I see cocktails in your future! Up the ante on a night of fun with these super nostalgic Magic 8-Ball balloons. Will your parents buy you a Ferbie? Will Joey end up with Dawson or Pacey? With these mystical babies, all of life’s hard-hitting questions can be answered at the drop of a hat. (via Aww Sam)
15. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera ($70): Strike a pose and vogue! Capture every moment of your significant birthday bash with a Polaroid that brings on that playful ’90s charm.
17. Lisa Frank-Inspired Cocktails: What’s an adult affair without some sophisticated drinks? Give your soiree a Lisa Frank edge with sweet, boozy drinks that are just too cute. Feel free to whip out your middle school Frank notebooks for some colorful inspiration ;). (via Brit + Co)
18. ’90s Retro Pop Tarts: Planning a ’90s-themed brunch for your big day? Pump up the sweet factor with these vibrant treats that’ll send you and your party mates into a legit sugar coma. (via Brit + Co)
19. Cool Things ’80s and ’90s Trivia Game ($30): You’re the ’90s trivia queen, and it’s time for everyone to know it. Just be ready for tears when you repeatedly beat out the competition.
20. Fruit Cereal Treat Cakes: Healthy cereal never stood a chance. Turn your standard birthday cake into a child’s dream by blending all of your favorite treats into one drool-inducing dessert. Don’t forget the candles! (via Michaels)
Like, are you looking for more ’90s party ideas that are off the hook? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.