So Long, Eggnog! 20 Vegan Desserts for Winter Weather
At Brit + Co., we’re all for digging into gingerbread madelines and candy cane marshmallows, but sometimes we crave something a little different. These 20 dessert recipes use zero dairy, eggs, or other animal products, so you can welcome your vegan friends to the table.
6. Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprint Cookies: These vegan cookies’ name makes a bold claim. Thankfully, they live up to their title thanks to a tasty blend of almonds, maple, and fruity jam. (via Vegan and So Forth)
8. Hazelnut & Olive Oil Shortbread: The subtle sweetness of these hearty cookies makes them an excellent match for strong, dark coffee. These petite, diamond-shaped cookies really hit the spot after a big meal. (via The Kitchn)
13. Pumpkin Pie Brownie Cupcakes: Thanks to some baking ingenuity, you can now eat a pumpkin pie, brownie, and cupcake at the same time. These intense, layered desserts are dense and satisfying. (via The SavvyBostonian)
14. Pumpkin Pie Custard with Brulee Topping: If you’ve ever felt the urge to eat a bowl full of pie filling, this custard is for you. Almond milk and pumpkin lend this dish a mellow sweetness, while the brulee topping means it literally crackles. (via Dreena Burton’s Plant-Powered Kitchen)
17. Cozy and Quick Mint Cocoa: Sometimes, you just want to curl up with a big mug of hot chocolate. In this recipe, chocolate mint soymilk and vegan whipped topping come together for a warm and comforting treat. (via Namely Marly)
Do you have any go-to vegan desserts that you like to make? Talk to us in the comments below.