So, Velvet Swimwear Is Officially a Thing (And We’re Here for It)
With the countdown ’til piña colada season in full effect, we’re 100 percent on the hunt for a trend-right one-piece or itty-bitty ‘kini. Just when you think you’ve seen it all — from high-cutBaywatch-era swimsuits to Disney princess-inspired bikinis — the new crushed velvet swimwear trend is pretty shocking. Who knew that velvet swimwear was even a thing, let alone waterproof (Spoiler! It totally is.)? Made from nylon and Lycra, this lavish material is not only surprisingly stretchy, but it holds its shape and shine over time. Scroll through for 16 smokin’ hot velvet suits to scoop up in time for summer.
2. Boohoo Boutique Velvet Criss Cross Plunge Swimsuit ($40): Take the plunge with a lace-up velvet one-piece that transitions seamlessly from poolside to after-hours, give or take, a leather moto jacket and high-waisted mom jeans.
4. NA-KD Hot Anatomy Velvet Swimsuit ($72): Orange you ready to rock this haute copper-toned velvet stunner with a sun-kissed glow and a low-key beach babe blowout?
5. Albertine Georgia Velvet & Lycra Bikini ($222): Allow this DDG velvet tie-front bandeau bikini with accompanying exotic floral print bottoms to be your ticket to the Bahamas.
6. Forever 21 Velvet Open-Shoulder Bikini Set ($38): With a wrap-around waist and feminine flounce, this olive-hued bikini is Ibiza-bound for a bachelorette weekend. Anyone else getting major Britney “I’m a Slave 4 U” vibes?
8. Lustrous Off the Shoulder One-Piece ($285): Summer of scandal, here we come. For a poolside tête-à-tête, may we recommend this OTS Bardot-inspired number boasting sexy lace inserts?
9. Wolf & Whistle Velvet Strappy Swimsuit ($54): Get ready to slay in this midnight blue strappy swimsuit featuring a risqué neckline. Just add a celestial-inspired pendant necklace for a late-night swim under the stars.
10. Express Velvet Cut-Out One-Piece Swimsuit ($80): Ow, ow! You’ll stun from the front and the back in this flirty deep-V berrylicious bathing suit, complete with sneaky side cutouts.
11. Suboo Underwire One-Piece in Pink Velvet ($260): Show off your femme side with this dreamy blush pink velvet one-piece that exudes old Hollywood glamour. Retro white cat-eye sunnies could be the perfect last-minute add-on.
12. Cover UPF 50 Velvet One-Piece Swimsuit ($195): Behold, the LBD of swimwear. Keep covered up without feeling like a grandma in this sophisticated high-neck one-piece with confidence-boosting qualities (and UPF protection!).
13. Nasty Gal Touch of Sunshine Velvet Bikini Set ($24): Just a touch of sunshine required to rock this plush fuschia bikini to and fro the beach house this summer. Be our guest, maybe?
14. ChicCartel Sophia Monokini ($130): Insta-approved velvet monokini with saucy cutouts? We’re here for the one-shoulder design (although, do beware of interesting tan lines).
15. Reina Olga For a Rainy Day Pink Velvet One-Piece ($165): Between the sun-drenched shade of pink and the super low-cut back, this Malibu Barbie-inspired one-piece is made for the ‘Gram.