7 Game-Changing Waterproof Makeup Products
We’re all enjoying lilac makeup, OMG-worthy spring florals and beautiful weather (most of the time, anyway). But being in the thick of spring does mean that the whole April showers thing is real AF, and it’s totally cramping our beauty style. Streaky makeup that won’t stay put? No thanks. Waterproof makeup products are total must-haves this time of year, when unexpected rain can strike at any time. Here are seven not-so-average makeup products that will actually stand up to those springtime downpours.
1. ULTA Raincoat Waterproof Mascara Topcoat ($10): Layer this “raincoat” on top of your already-applied mascara and you won’t think twice about the rain coming your way. This stuff works with any mascara and will instantly make it waterproof. It’s a definite must-have product for when you watch sappy movies too ;)
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade ($18): A cult favorite among eyebrow enthusiasts, this pomade seriously will not budge. Not only is it waterproof, but it’s also formulated to resist smudging and smearing, making it a perfect product for when you *need* a strong brow game 24/7.
3. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22): ISO a sleek, easy-to-use liquid liner that will stand up to pool days, spin class and Mother Nature? This product by Stila is your answer. It comes in a ton of fun and wearable colors and will, um, stay on all day (hence the name!).
4. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer ($34): If I had to choose one makeup product that I *needed* to hold up through rain, it would be concealer. This super long-lasting, totally waterproof formula offers full coverage, but is still creamy and hydrating — never cakey or chalky.
5. NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer ($7): Swipe this stuff on to lock in your eye makeup — and make colors look bolder and brighter. Put it on your lids before you apply your go-to shadow and liner and they won’t budge. Simple as that!
6. Cosmedicine Even the Score Perfected Very Water Resistant Broad Spectrum Sunscreen for Face ($95): Not all face sunscreens are created equal, y’all, and this stuff proves it. Serious sun protection should be part of your everyday skincare routine, so it’s important to switch to a waterproof (and sweatproof) version this time of year to make sure your skin is covered — literally.
7. Bairly Sheer Spray-On Waterproof Makeup Sealant ($13): If you’re in need of a quick, waterproof setting spray that will seal in your entire look, give this stuff a try. It promises to hold up to water and sweat for 18-24 hours (!) and will keep your makeup from melting or fading.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and must-have products.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.