15 New Ways to Style Boots + Socks
“Boots and socks, socks and boots…” Say hello to our mantra for the winter season. Frightful temperatures call for drastic fashion measures, and we’re pulling out all the stops. Socks are not only utterly c-o-z y, but they’re also a surefire way to kick up your winter attire A-game. If you haven’t jumped on the boots + socks bandwagon yet, then here are 15 blogger-inspired looks to channel STAT.
1. Just a Peek: Once you know the rules, you can break them. Fashion blogger Doina Ciobanu of The Golden Diamonds sets the bar high with her vintage floral frock and daring cutout ankle booties paired effortlessly with gray socks. (via Lee Oliveira)
2. Cozy Striped Perfection: Quirky printed socks are just that — too quirky and downright cute to hide anymore. Kendi Everyday sets the perfect example by going the exposed-socks route, and we’re digging this look. (via Kendi Everyday)
4. Knee Socks: Fall is synonymous with layering, and thus knee socks are basically inevitable. Take it back to your hipster roots by pairing ribbed socks with tights, lace-up boots and your fave dress. (via Visionary Dreams)
5. Over Jeans: Kimberly Pesch of Eat. Sleep. Wear. is a girl after our own heart. Oversized sweaters and gingham shirts provide the foundation for cognac leather combat boots and socks that peek out just a smidge. (via eat. sleep. wear.)
6. The Sweater Club: Thanks to duck boots and marled socks, #snowdayfunday just got infinitely better. To complete the look, follow in blogger Sarah Vicker’s footsteps by throwing on a vintage Fair Isle sweater. (via Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
7. The Parisian Way: If you can bear the cold temps, then bare legs are a go. Maintain the layered look on top and then finish off with a pair of flat boots and beige colored socks for an effortlessly chic look. (via The Sartorialist)
9. Fall Uniform: If you want to be cozy for days, then don’t hesitate to layer your camp socks over your jeans. And while you’re at it, pull out the good ol’ fisherman sweater and Barbour jacket for yet another #winning look. (via Kelly in the City)
10. Casual City Look: Running errands around the city is no prob when you have the luxury of your favorite riding boots and ruffled over-the-knee socks. Preppy, yet practical. (via The College Prepster)
12. Camp Socks: Chambray and camp socks are like two peas in a pod. Throw brown boots with gold hardware into the equation and you have the makings of an effortless look worthy of any lazy Sunday. (via Heart of a Blonde)
14. Wool Socks: Okay, if you wanna rock socks and boots the fashion blogger way, then here’s how it’s done. For a picture-perfect #ootd snapshot, try styling an understated dress with heeled ankle boots and slightly scrunchy socks. (via Frassy)
15. Fall Quirk: Miss Blair Eadie nails it when it comes to styling the quintessential preppy fall ensemble. Over-the-knee black boots paired with gray socks lends much panache to her plaid shirt and leather skirt. Insert “A-Okay” emoji here. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
How will you be styling boots and socks this season? Tell us in the comments below!