Wedding Balloon Displays Are Our New Decor Crush
You know we love a fabulous floral showstopper: Flower arches are to die for, and we have heart eyes over the wall of blooms created by Jeff Leatham himself. But to be perfectly honest, we have a new wedding design crush. You guys, balloons are the new wedding florals. (Just check Pinterest!) Dreamy, colorful, sculptural … is there anything balloons can’t do? This roundup of our favorite bold balloons is just what you need to kick-start your planning.
1. Honeycomb & Balloon Arch: For an alter arch, layer in honeycombs in bright colors to create a multi-textured stunner. The only thing that can compete is you! (via Mary Costa Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
2. Rainbow Balloon Installation: This multicolored amazingness is how you put your mark on the venue the day of your nuptials. It’s the *ultimate* photo backdrop. (via Cynthia Chung Photography)
3. Lots of Garlands: Go big or go home when it comes to love! There’s nothing subtle about these balloons or the giant marquee letters, and we LOVE it. (via Peterson Design & Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
4. Floral & Balloon Garland: Our two favorite things are even sweeter together. Balloons + blooms 4-ever. (via CBC Life)
5. Suspended Balloon Table Runner: With an unconventional seating arrangement, you can help create intimacy by “lowering” the ceiling in the venue. Adding this large garland achieves this, all while adding some color to a stark rental space. (via Beck Rochi Photography / Ruffled)
6. Glitter Filled Balloons: Fill your display up with these glittery versions for that extra bit of shimmer. We love the interplay of the gold and pink! (via Frank & Frida Photography / Kara’s Party Ideas)
8. One Love, One Color: For a more minimalist approach, stay with one shade, and accent with light greenery. The look is simple but hugely impactful. (via Beck Rocchi Photography / Something Turquoise)
How dreamy are these balloon installations? Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)