Attention, all brides! You need not default to the trusty pashmina to keep warm on your wedding day. We’re big fans of a classic wrap and dress combo, by the way, but we just want you to understand all your options before you make this important fashion decision. We rounded up high-fashion inspiration, edgy new trends and plenty of real life brides rocking unique shawls, cardigans, jackets, boleros and capes. Point is — we’ve got you covered. Literally.
1. Velvet Burnout: This is a style we’re sort of obsessed with. There’s something beautifully vintage and boho about fringed velvet burnout. You can do it up in neutral, classic taupes and whites or go for a deep eggplant like this bride did. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Red Jacket: You spend so much time thinking about The Dress that it’s easy to forget that you’re not going to just be modeling it on top of a wedding cake. You’re probably gonna be outside taking pictures, and you should be prepared with a freaking adorable, colorful jacket should the temps drop. This bride is rocking that red coat hard — try this or this to hack her style. (via Canary Grey)
8. Lots of Lace: This lace bolero from Chaviano Couture is so romantic. If you want to put together the same look for less, we’ve got you covered. You might never think to turn to Forever 21 for such things, but they’ve got some pretty and well-priced embroidered cardigans — (short-sleeved ($23) and long-sleeved ($28) — that you will definitely want to try on for size! (via Burnett’s Boards)
9. The Dark Blazer: If you’re a bride that wants to rock an edgy look, cover up with a polished blazer. A tailored blazer works beautifully with formal strapless dresses, but a more casual blazer like this one pictured can be lovely for a laid back look. And the best part is that a cute jacket is not one of those (many) wedding purchases that’ll sit idly in your closet after the honeymoon. On the hunt? We love this chic black Alice + Olivia jacket ($395). (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. The Light Blazer: Oh, how gorgeous is THIS?! To capture this bride’s perfect look, you’ll need to don your Warby Parkers and this super affordable Topshop blazer ($90), which comes in black and blush. (via The Melideos)
13. Furry Friend: If you’re worried about the weather on your wedding day, just remember that bad weather weddings produce photos like this one — complete with lovely furry shawl. (via The Camera Chick)
14. Americana Wedding: Camp weddings have been so popular this year, and this Americana-vibed scarf would be great for cozying up after dark. Getting married 4th of July weekend? This is a must. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
16. More Velvet Burnout: Seriously, we weren’t kidding about really liking this look. Kate Moss even approved it when she was out on the town with her preciously grumpy little daughter. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
17. Commit To The Wrap: This bride designed her own dress and WHOA. The beautiful sleeved wrap/jacket is actually removable, transforming this Downton Abbey-like dress into something entirely new for the dance floor. Point is, don’t be afraid to really make your sleeves a big part of your whole wedding day style. (via Rock My Wedding)
24. ’20s Piano Shawl: When she couldn’t find the perfect wrap, this bride took to eBay to find this vintage embroidered piano shawl. Her florist even used it as inspiration for the bouquets! (via Rock My Wedding)
27. Trickling Capelet ($140): BHLDN has several excellent bolero and cover up options. Our favorite is this dainty little Art Deco shawl.
Hope you found some inspiration for your own bridal cover up here. What are you planing on wearing?