17 Clever Ways to Wear Something Blue on Your Wedding Day
Ah, weddings. The tradition, the glamour… the superstition. While we’re a bit divided on following that age-old saying about not seeing the groom before walking down the aisle, we are all pretty much on board with the something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. It’s just that last one that can leave us scratching our heads. Even if you’re the nontraditional type of bride, this one can be tricky. To help you out, here are 17 blue somethings that you’ll actually want to wear on your big day — and not just for posterity’s sake.
1. Steve Madden Carrson Strappy Sandal ($100): This blue wonder is quite possibly the coolest shoe for a winter bride. The season-friendly velvet pairs with an edgy metallic heel for cool-girl style to your nuptial look.
2. BHLDN Gretta Skirt ($245): Nontraditional brides could fall in love with the surprising move of eschewing an all-white gown for this beautiful blue-gray skirt. Paired with the top of your choosing, you can literally build the bridal look that suits you.
3. Essie Borrowed + Blue ($9): Whether it’s on an accent nail or displayed in a full-on mani, we love the look of this subtle blue shade. The nuptial hue looks even better with a coat of sparkles or shimmer on top!
4. Hanky Panky I Do Swarovski Crystal Low Rise Thong ($32): We can’t think of a single reason not to wear these fabulous Hanky Panky undies on your wedding day. Let’s just say it’ll be your little secret.
5. David’s Bridal Foot Petals I Do Tip Toes ($8): Every bride should invest in these appropriately themed blue bridal foot petals to keep her feet pain-free. They’re cute as can be and a totally functional way to put your “little blue something” to good use.
6. Orchard Mile Pamela Love Pendulum Ear Jacket ($250): Edgy, high-fashion and artsy brides alike will stun in these super-cool pendulum earrings.
7. Gorjana Dez Bar Pendant Necklace ($50): Yes, please. If yellow gold is your jam and you’re a minimalist at heart, this understated bar pendant necklace will serve you well on your wedding day.
8. Bauble Bar Sohvi Tassel Drop Earrings ($36): We adore these navy blue statement earrings. They combine the “something blue” with a bit of glam and a boho twist we can’t get enough of.
9. Shoes of Prey Pointy Toe Pump ($250): These pumps are the perfectly polished accessory every bride needs. Just think about the potential they have for bomb dot com wedding photos!
10. Badgley Mischka Nilla Peep Toe Pump ($235): Slip into these ornately embellished pumps for your winter wedding to add a little Frozen magic that would make Elsa proud.
11. La Perla Lace Flirt Leavers Lace + Tulle Underwired Bra ($165): Keeping your bridal blue under wraps is totally fine by us. Who wouldn’t love discovering this little beauty on your wedding night?
12. Freshy Fig Long Small Blue Ornate Locket ($24): This vintage-inspired locket is perfect for sentimental brides hoping to keep an image of her BAE close to heart. With soft blue accents on yellow gold you’ll sport this beauty long after you say “I do.”
13. Bella Mia Design Blue Pearl Hair Pins ($16): Slip these blue-toned pearls into your updo for a dainty and delicate way to incorporate blue with your “I dos.”
14. Love Like Style Light Blue Embroidery Flower Lace Wedding Garter Set ($27): We’ve seen our fair share of garter sets, but this one is by far our fave. It brings feminine glam to the sexy tradition in the softest shade of sky-blue.
15. Zoe Chicco 14k Turquoise Stud With Tear Stud Charm ($265): We love any excuse to wear an ear jacket, and this delicately dangling pop of blue will dazzle in wedding photos. Then, break it out again during festival season for an edgy-meets-boho vibe.
16. Anita Ko Double-Row Blue Sapphire Ear Cuff ($1,150): Any bride who wants to bring a hint of sass to her wedding day look will lose it over this chic sapphire ear cuff. Trust us: It’s worth the investment.
17. Blue Hair Dye: Of course we haven’t forgotten about our trailblazing alt-brides, always bringing a healthy dose of badassery to nuptial style. For a truly surprising look on your big day, make your bridal ‘do that something blue.
Which of these bridal something blues would you wear on your big day? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.