BRB, Here’s Everything We Want to Snag from Alexa Chung’s Debut Line
It’s no exaggeration when we say we’ve been anxiously awaiting the launch of Alexa Chung’s debut fashion line since last summer. Fast-forward to now, and it’s finally (praise hands emoji) available for purchase. Somebody send help, ‘cause we low-key want it ALL. With collaborations with Madewell and AG Jeans already under her belt — and her own virtual styling app Villoid — it was only a matter of time before our favorite street MVP put her sartorial prowess to good use. Not only will Chung’s namesake label inspire you to dress like a Brit girl (hello, mini Alexas in training), but it’s the juxtaposition of Parisian chic and New York edge that’s making us want to ditch our goody-two-shoes roots. Treat Yo’ Self Day came early — here’s everything we want to snag from A.Chung’s debut line. Yup, there goes our paycheck.
1. Alexa Chung Stripy Mohair Vest ($370): Selena Gomez has already taken to teaming her A.Chung cropped mohair vest with frayed hem jeans and strappy sandals. Sub in some denim cutoffs and knee-high gladiators for instant festival flair.
2. Alexa Chung High Waist Tailored Trousers ($490): Your nine-to-five uniform is about to get the reboot it deserves, all thanks to these Farrah Fawcett-worthy pinstripe trousers that call for a vintage rocker tee and a boxy denim jacket.
3. Alexa Chung Saturn Ring ($160): Cue the celestial vibes with this Saturn ring that will have you seeing stars. Mercury in retrograde ain’t got nothin’ on you!
4. Alexa Chung Square Toe Bow Shoes ($430): Dem bows! You know you’re doing it right when your stylish steppers elicit compliments from random passersby. These squared-toe patent beauties can be pared down with vintage Levi’s or a button-front A-line skirt in a flash.
5. Alexa Chung Frill Polo Shirt ($460): More boyish than preppy, here’s a polo shirt you’ll actually reach for just for kicks. The Wes Anderson color palette and frilly sleeves are absolutely an added bonus.
6. Alexa Chung Rainbow Choker ($190): Level up with this ‘90s-esque choker featuring a medley of rainbow Swarovski rhinestones.
7. Alexa Chung Mixed Crochet Top ($540) + Mixed Crochet Skirt ($320): Summer crochet, right this way. Between a Moroccan getaway and an outdoor music festival, this leggy co-ord has got you more than covered. Now if only we could locate some lace-up espadrilles.
8. Alexa Chung Pinafore Dress ($450): Where would Chung be today without a pinafore dress, AKA the silhouette that’s practically defined her style through the years? File this black corduroy LBD under what to wear for a night on the town or even the modern-day boardroom — just add a romantic blouse for the full Chung effect.
9. Alexa Chung George Sweatshirt ($245): Who’s George? That would be The Beatles’ George Harrison, of course. Given Chung’s stint as a former DJ, this printed sweatshirt couldn’t be a better testament to her cool girl ways.
10. Alexa Chung Mandarin Collar Dress ($625): Meet the contemporary iteration of the cheongsam, a traditional Chinese dress featuring a bodycon fit and a refined collar. (Yes, those are indeed inset pearls.) Go bold or go home with some disco-ready platforms for a rooftop soiree or a black tie wedding.
11. Alexa Chung Tiered Garden Dress ($785): Um, would you not rock this ultra-femme tiered floral frock to a garden party in the British countryside? Duh.
12. Alexa Chung Mary Jane Ballet Pump ($260): A wee bit quirky, a LOT schoolgirl, these sensible red Mary Jane flats are practically a blessing in disguise. They’re comfortable but also designed with retro babes in mind who swear by a wardrobe of Peter Pan collar dresses and denim shortalls.
13. Alexa Chung Patent Apron Dress ($595): And now for this lilac PVC apron dress that exudes non-stop sex appeal. Dial it down with a white tee and Superga sneakers for a decidedly tomboy look before going all in with a ruffled Victorian-inspired blouse and backless mules come after-hours.
14. Alexa Chung Sequin Maxi Dress ($1,660): We don’t care if this totally DDG sequined creation costs more than a grand. If you ask us, that’s a small price to pay when you’re intent on dressing like a human disco ball. Any takers?
Which pieces are you hoping to snag from Alexa Chung’s debut line? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.