With the holidays behind us, the time for much-needed vacation is now. And whether you’re lucky enough to be headed to snowy slopes or a sun-soaked beach, you always want to make sure to pack smart. That means bringing only the most stylish and versatile necessities to keep your getaway look on point effortlessly. (It is your vacation, after all.) From puffer jackets to easy dresses, scroll on for the must-have items you’ll need for every type of destination.
1. Topshop SNO Siren Ski Puffer Jacket ($190): Go sporty but chic in sleek black and white that looks anything but basic. In this color-blocked cutie, you’ll look just as stylish speeding down the slopes as you will sipping cocoa in the lodge.
2. Burton Women’s Anon Tempest Goggle ($140): Functionality doesn’t have to come at the expense of fashion. Eye protection emblazoned with cherries and leopards? Oh hell, yes.
3. LL Bean Women’s Swix Universal Bekke Tech Pants ($130): Sharp black with white piping is just the type of sophisticated ski pant you’ve been waiting for. This pair will keep you covered from the elements — and look super cute with a turtleneck sweater.
4. River Island Red Faux Fur Bobble Pom-Pom Beanie Hat ($28): No winter look is complete without a pop of bold red, but you knew that already. This pom-pom-topped beanie strikes just the right balance between playful and polished.
5. Madden Girl Holiday Weekender Bag ($45): Add a modern accent to your snow bunny style with a metallic weekender. Because when it comes to travel gear, what’s on the outside is just as important as what’s inside.
6. Red Carter Marilyn Dress ($280): This is the kind of festive but effortless frock everyone needs for a beach holiday. Try it over your swimsuit with flip flops for day, then swap in heels and statement earrings at night.
7.McQ Alexander McQueen Artstar Flat Top Sunglasses ($139): Pack lighter by opting for one pair of cool go-anywhere sunnies. These tortoiseshell frames will work with everything from your travel outfit to your sunbathing look — and back again.
8. Polo Ralph Lauren Floral Underwire Bikini Top ($40) and Reversible Bikini Bottom ($40): Another way to avoid the overpacking urge? Choose swim separates that can mix and match or reverse to a different color (or both). Then watch your options increase like that.
9. Ellen & James Large Greek Raffia Bag ($88): A structured bag in a natural material is the ideal accessory for an island getaway. Laid back enough for souvenir shopping but polished enough for dinner by the ocean, this will be your go-to tote.
10. Soludos Women’s Otomi City Slide Sandal ($119): Replace your “nude” sandals with denim (it is a neutral, after all). Slides are a warm-weather staple, and these embroidered beauties will definitely put some pep in your step.
11. Zara Faux Fur Coat With Multicoloured Stripes ($129): If you’re headed to a new city to explore, staying warm in style is the ultimate goal (aside from taking in the culture of course). In a statement striped faux fur topper, consider that mission accomplished.
12. & Other Stories Sparkling Merino Wool Sweater ($65): Sweaters are just so much better when they’re shimmery, don’t you agree? This pick in of-the-moment purple will layer well under a coat and stand out all on its own.
13. Le Specs x Adam Selman The Last Lolita ($119): Smaller sunglasses aren’t going anywhere for 2018, so get your ’90s on with this all-black pair. You’re guaranteed to look hot even when it’s cold out.
14. Office Aruba Leopard Print Boots ($178): Stay fierce when it’s freezing out in a set of wild spotted booties. The low heel makes for a comfortable walking height that’s not short on style.
15. Sole Society Cory Vegan Winged Weekender ($90): Be sure to balance out your bolder pieces with classic solids. Pack it all in a sleek black bag like this one that you’ll for sure use all year round.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.