14 Chic DIY Wine Racks for Your Vino Collection
Whether you’ve splurged on every variety of Champagne Trader Joes has to offer or you’ve curated your rosé collection to perfection, it’s time to stop storing your wine bottles on top of the fridge and give them an actual home. For those of us not quite #blessed with a wine cellar, here are 14 DIY options to showcase your beloved bottles in style. Of course, once you’ve gotten your bottles in order, it’s time to celebrate with a glass or two. Might we suggest these wine slushies or maybe these boozy sangria popsicles?
1. DIY Murphy Bar: No space for a bar cart? Don’t let small-space living cramp your wine-loving spirit. DIY an entire home bar based on Murphy’s brilliant space-saving hack and you’ll be hosting cocktail night in no time. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Copper Pipe and Leather Wine Rack: Show off your trendy grapefruit rosé in an equally trendy wine rack. If your collection is only a few bottles strong, this pretty little sling rack is just what you need. (via A Bubbly Life)
3. Wall Mounted Wine Bar: Save yourself a lot of space and mount a wine rack directly onto the wall. Leave the wood stained for a rustic-chic look or go over the whole thing with a couple coats of spray paint in a mod, geometric pattern. (via Style Me Pretty)
4. DIY A-Frame Wine Rack: Modular, modern and totally in style, this slender A-frame wine rack can hold up to six of your favorite wines. Plus, it folds up completely flat on those rare days when you find yourself completely out of wine. Trader Joes run, anyone? (via DIY Network)
5. DIY Wine Rack: This simple wine rack can either be hung on the wall or stacked on a shelf. Plus, you can combine multiple units (each of which store seven bottles) to create a unique sculpture all your own. (via Copper Dot Interiors)
6. Bar Cart Wine Display: If space is at a premium, make use of the area under your cabinets or bar cart. Free up that bottom shelf for lots of other cute bar accessories and mount the wine rack right underneath the top of the bar cart. (via So Haute)
8. Built-in Wine Rack: Fake a built-in wine rack by removing the door from one of your cabinets and mounting diagonal shelves inside. Of course, you can always snag more cabinets if your collection expands — is cereal really that necessary? (via Better Homes and Gardens)
9. Drawer of Wine: Skip the whole wine rack idea entirely and go for a drawer full of wine. Ah, nothing beats those Tuesday blues like knowing there’s a drawer full of wine waiting for you at home. (via Feeling Inspired)
10. DIY Wood and Leather Wine Rack: Go chic and minimal with this pegboard-inspired DIY wine rack. This particular project holds six bottles, but you can make it as big as you need. (via The Merrythought)
11. DIY IKEA Hack Bar Cart: Bar carts aren’t just for liquors and spirits. Hack an IKEA computer desk (or any other shelving unit) into a wine cart with this easy DIY. Decorate with bottles of your favorite wines and hang glasses from the top shelf. (via Lifestyle 365)
12. Wine-Case: This storage unit will hold *several* bottles of vino, so you can stock up (and hopefully never run out!). Transform an inexpensive bookshelf into a wine rack with a few screws and some cool slanted shelving. (via Show Home)
13. DIY Wood Plank Wine Rack: If you (or someone you know) is comfortable with power tools, this DIY wine rack is for you. Simply bore holes big enough for the bottle necks at an angle, and you have a rack that’s ready to hang. (via Camille Styles)
14. DIY Mini Wine Rack: Renters, this one’s for you. Instead of drilling your wine rack into the wall, get your bottles off the counter with this chic DIY. Just prop this mini board up in your kitchen for a quick and easy display option. Add a strip of rubber to the bottom, just to be sure it doesn’t slide down the wall. (via Pretty Nice)
What are your favorite ways to show off your wine collection? Follow us on Pinterest for more organization hacks and DIY storage ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)