15 Turtlenecks to Get You Through Winter
Have some Christmas or Hanukkah money burning a hole in your pocket? Sure, you could blow it on frilly party dresses and high heels – or you could be a little more practical about it. The holidays have passed, but winter is still very much present – snow, wind, rain, all that jazz. So why not use that newfound fortune wisely and invest in a quality turtleneck to keep you nice and cozy while you’re out in those harsh cold-weather elements? Toss out those visions of frumpy sweaters your grandma used to gift you; here are 15 beautiful turtlenecks that’ll have you leaving that party dress in the dust in no time.
1. Jacquard Rollneck Sweater ($50): This piece manages to be ultra cozy with being the least bit boring. If you’re looking for some extra color, add a bright lip or trousers.
2. Heattech Fleece ($15): Uniqlo’s special “Heattech” fabric absorbs body moisture and actually generates heat to help keep you warm. Sport this fleece with a skirt and tights are under that snow jacket.
3. MINKPINK Sweater ($60): Keep things from looking too frumpy with a cute cropped cut.
5. Chevron Cowl Sweater ($385): This certainly isn’t the cheapest selection of the bunch, but considering the killer chevron design and the fact that it’s 30% cashmere, we think the splurge is justified.
6. Wool Blend Sweater ($50): If you’re feeling a bit basic in your turtleneck, rock it in this vibrant shade of red for a piece that’ll have everybody’s heads turning.
7. The Best Year Turtleneck ($198): Give that chunky turtleneck a varsity edge with these giant chenille patches. If you’re not down to drop $200, use this as inspiration for a DIY project you can easily recreate with a cheaper sweater.
8. Oversized Roll-Neck Jumper ($69): We’re loving the olive green shade of this option. Evoke a menswear vibe with trousers and loafers or dress it up a bit with a pair of skinny jeans and ankle booties.
9. Soft Polo Sweater ($165): We know this ensemble might be a bit much for the office, but this patterned, cropped sweater paired with some jeans could be the perfect way to spruce up a cold winter wardrobe.
10. Royal Rose Sweater ($250): If you’re going to trust anyone to keep you warm this winter, it should be the folks over at Wool and the Gang. Snag this sweater premade for $250 or get the kit that has all the required materials to create your own for $155.
11. Structured Sweater ($46): Add some structure to your turtleneck attire with this lilac piece that’s a minimal masterpiece.
12. Cotton Blend Trapeze Sweater ($109): We’re going to be honest with you here: With a piece as practical and pretty as this it’s probably going to be a real struggle not to wear it every day. If you can’t stop yourself, we don’t blame you.
13. Stripes Sweater ($35): If you’re not so sure about the turtleneck look, here’s a pretty striped piece with a neck that’s borderline turtleneck. You’ll still have room to breathe, but get that high collar that this style is famous for.
14. Embroidered Turtleneck ($288): Forget about the cables and ladder stitches; this statement sweater gets an edge up on the competition with a unique embroidered design.
15. Featherweight Merino Wool ($60): If you’re looking for a lighter turtleneck you can keep rocking well into the spring, pick this featherweight top made with merino that actually feels more like cashmere.
What’s your favorite way to style a turtleneck? Share with us in comments or tweet us a pic!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)