11 Home Gym Essentials for the Frugal Yogi
Okay, you love getting your namaste on at your favorite yoga studio, but you’re starting to feel guilty about that huge chunk of change that gets deducted from your checking account every month. Believe it or not, you can create a tranquil space to do your downward dogs and warrior poses in your very own home. All you need are the yoga essentials and a few splurges — which you can now afford! — like that colorful yoga mat you’ve been lusting after for a year, plus some candles to really set the mood. And if you don’t have a ton of space, don’t worry. These home gym essentials will work for your small space home gym and leave plenty of room for those new home decor finds you can pick up with all the money you’ll save.
1. Wildings Floral Yoga Towel ($64): Start off with a yoga towel that you can throw in the wash once you’re finished sweating it out. It doesn’t hurt if it’s a super cute pattern like this one.
2. DIY Yoga Mat Strap: DIY this yoga mat strap so you’re able to hang up your mat after your morning session. It’ll keep the room nice and tidy and put that pretty mat on display. (via Boat People Vintage)
3. Vornado Flippi V6 Fan ($37): Don’t have a ceiling fan? Pick up a few small fans and scatter them around the room to stay cool. This one can easily transition from home gym to home office in the warmer months.
4. GAIAM Foam Yoga Block ($11): Yoga blocks are essential for avid yogis. Snag this purple foam option that *won’t* break the bank.
5. Type Lites Nectarine Mint Candle ($20): Keep everything smelling fresh by lighting a yummy candle (or five). This nectarine mint one is perfect for a relaxing yoga session and the bubble bath you take afterwards.
6. Hugger Mugger Yoga Pillow ($33): Add this pillow to your studio so you can start your day with some meditation. Warning: You might want to fall asleep and never go to work after you use this during Savasana.
7. Bright + Cheery Yoga Mat ($98): A fancy yoga mat is an obvious must. Opt for this bright and cheery one that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.
8. Sporti Studio Backless Yoga Chair ($36): If your new year’s resolution is to increase your strength and flexibility, try out a backless yoga chair. Don’t worry if your space is small, because this one folds up so you can easily tuck it away.
9. Manduka Yoga Mat Spray ($10): We all know and loathe that dirty mat smell. This refresher spray is a quick fix that will leave your mat smelling ah-mazing. Lavender yoga mat? Yes, please!
10. Sporti Studio Yoga Massage Therapy Ball Set ($9): These massage therapy balls are perfect for working out any kinks and knots. Use them after a long day at the office and get ready to feel uber relaxed.
11. Eoin Finn Earth.Body.Yoga DVD ($24): Last but not least, if you’re in need of some inspiration, you can’t go wrong with an old-fashion yoga DVD. There are three routines in this set, so you can switch things up a bit.
What’s your favorite yoga essential? Tweet them to us @britandco.