Brooklyn Decker added a look to that list recently at an event in Austin, where she paired her frothy, chiffon ruffle dress… with combat boots. The look is totally different and slightly shocking, but in a really good way. If you’re vibing on what Brooklyn’s wearing, try these seven pairings yourself.
1. Boohoo Melodie Dress ($44) and Taos Crave Boot ($189): Blue and green almost always go together, but the surprising color of the boots here is what will keep people on their toes (pun intended). It’s a cool combo for a party, or you can add a camisole and tights for something you can wear to work.
3. Mango Premium Dress ($150) and T.U.K. Floral Boot ($100): This simple slip dress can be dressed up for winter with tights and a long cardigan, or you can wear it in warmer months (or to travel destinations!) as is.
4. H&M Velour Sleeveless Dress ($60) and Vince Camuto Todoke Boot ($151): Ooh la la, picture yourself rocking this at a holiday party. Some sparkly, dangly earrings and a cool hairstyle will keep your look just this side of the ‘90s.
5. Boohoo Zaira Boutique Dress ($44) and Frye Veronica Combat Boot ($278): Even preppier dresses can get cool with combat boots. A pair of printed socks could peek out of these to help bring even more flair to your trusty red cocktail dress.
6. Modcloth Dare to Dazzle Dress ($190) and Express Side Zip Booties ($60): This is a great pairing for a work environment — just add black opaque tights if it’s already cold where you live. You could even layer up more with a white button-down or Peter Pan collar blouse under the dress.
7. Topshop Lace and Velvet Dress ($110) and Dr. Martens Eye Boots ($125): If you’re looking for something similar to Brooklyn’s, try this lace and velvet sexy number with some classic red Doc Martens.
Look for more outfit inspo over on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt / Getty)