If there’s one thing a self-proclaimed fashion girl doesn’t have enough of (besides an endless supply of Louboutins), it’s time. Time to coordinate the perfect outfit in the morning, snag a pair of the most coveted chunky-heeled shoes of the season and track down Gigi Hadid’s latest workout threads (‘cause we’re obviously dying to know). Thanks to our crazy tech-savvy world, there’s quite literally an app for all your fashion needs. Between sprinting across campus to make your 8am and working the nine-to-five grind, it’s all too easy to let your high-fashion sensibilities fall by the wayside. Well, say no more. We’ve gathered seven game-changing fashion apps and websites that will streamline your life and help you reach style-MVP status like that.
1. Daily Dress Me: You know the drill: Proceed to hit snooze for however many times it takes you to roll out of bed in a timely fashion. Scramble to find something to wear for your early morning presentation or boardroom meeting — and try to make it out of the house without looking like a hot mess. Introducing Daily Dress Me, the solution to all your #OOTD conundrums. Simply enter in your current location, and bam! Your very own customized weekly weather report, complete with daily outfit inspo. A 60 percent chance of thunderstorms, you say? Not a prob, ‘cause you’re equipped with a stylish rain slicker and wellies to keep you dry and looking fly. Count us in, please.
2. Villoid: At last, a shopping app you’ll actually use religiously. Leave it to Alexa Chung, the mastermind behind Villoid, to release an application that allows you to shop for products, keep tabs on over 600 high-end and emerging brands, follow fellow Villoiders and compile your own inspiration boards. This *could* be dangerous. Use your creative aesthetic to put together mood boards evoking a certain era (‘70s-inspired boho? We’re so down.) and share the love by “hearting” and leaving comments on boards you’re digging. Addicted would be an understatement — Villoid is the app you didn’t know you needed, but won’t be able to live without.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Stylebook: What if you could upload your entire wardrobe to an app and schedule all your outfits in advance using a virtual calendar? But actually. Fans of Cher Horowitz’s Clueless closet will find themselves addicted to Stylebook, a one-stop source for all your fashion needs. Use it to store looks you’ve saved from Tumblr, create packing lists for an upcoming vacay, view pre-planned outfit collages and check out style stats (cost per wear may or may not be included for your sartorial delight). This intuitive app will not only help you build a capsule wardrobe, but it’s also a foolproof way to create an inventory of everything you own.
DL It: $3.99 on iOS
4. Craves: In our celebrity-obsessed world, Craves fills a void you didn’t even know existed. This game-changing app allows you to keep tabs on what all your fave celebs are wearing and locate comparable styles at a range of price points. Upon downloading the app, follow all your favorite brands and A-listers for a tailored feed, or upload a snapshot of Olivia Palermo you spotted on Pinterest and let Craves work its magic by navigating a similar look. Stealin’ celeb style has never been so easy.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. PS Dept.: Picture this: You wake up and have an epiphany — after a good night’s rest, you suddenly realize you do indeed need the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag of your dreams. Instead of searching high and low for a bag that may not even be available, allow PS Dept.’s team of experienced personal shoppers to come to the rescue. You can uncover (and proceed to purchase) the latest It girl-approved bag or shoes with a simple inquiry (anything from “where do I find Suki Waterhouse’s silk-satin dress?” to “how do I get my hands on a pair of Miu Miu’s coveted ballerinas?”). Going on a spending freeze? Browse PS Dept.’s feed for hot-ticket items and trending requests — just be forewarned, you may have an urge to go shopping afterwards.
DL It: Free on iOS
6. WEAR: Instagram, you have company. Japan’s highly acclaimed social media app WEAR is this close to becoming your new secret styling weapon. Consider it a community for like-minded fashionistas with a penchant for styling impeccable #OOTDs. Upload and search for looks by using designated hashtags while sifting through thousands of snapshots for endless street-style inspo at your fingertips — and that’s not all. WEAR’s teamed up with fashion empires like Vogue, W and The New York Times to introduce an element of competition into the mix — looks receiving the most votes in correspondence with that day’s hashtags have a chance of being featured on each of the respective websites.
7. ClosetSpace: Resist the urge to toss on frumpy sweats by logging into ClosetSpace, an app consisting of curated blogger-styled looks geared toward getting you out of any style rut. For your convenience, you can narrow your search according to the weather, temperature and occasion (everything from work to travel to the gym). You can save all your favorite looks, so you’ll be equipped the next time a case of the outfit blahs hits. Pssst: You have free reign to copy the head-to-toe looks as you see fit.
What fashion apps do you swear by? Follow us on Pinterest for daily style inspo!