Weddings, as you already know, take a LOT of planning. But maybe you’re more into an intimate affair than the idea of hosting 300 of your closest friends. If you’re considering saying “I do” in a venue that’s more fitting for a small wedding, finding a venue that fits your needs is your first step. Whether you and your one-and-only are total foodies or you’re the type of couple that prefers an intimate and totally romantic mini celebration with your closest friends, think of celebrating your nuptials at these chic restaurants throughout the USA. Scroll on to see our top picks and get ready to choose a venue that’s one-of-a-kind and totally you.
1. The Faust (Providence, RI): This German-inspired restaurant is perfect if you and your sweetie are dreaming of a local *destination* wedding. Besides the minimalist decor, which would look great with all-white florals at each table, they offer an assortment of sausages, traditional sides, house-made Bavarian pretzels (yum!) and authentic entrees for you and your guests to enjoy.
2. Caffe Storico (New York City, NY): Charming and sunny, this historic spot is located inside the New York Historical Society building. The bright, welcoming dining room would be oh-so-cute for a brunch celebration, with a menu that is all about exceptional products and local produce with simple preparations. And the collection of 19th-century china adorning the walls is totally swoon-worthy.
3. Crown (New York City, NY): Looking for something a bit more elegant? You’ll want to try Crown. Located in the Big Apple, the vibe is pretty much like a millionaire’s townhouse, with the waiters and waitresses ferrying food up the marble staircase from the kitchen. During the day, you and your guests will get a gleaming reflection through the glass wall that overlooks the neighbor’s gardens.
4. Palma (New York City, NY): Let Palma make your Mediterranean wedding dreams come true. This husband-and-wife-owned spot is made up of a rustic 35-seat dining room, furnished with a chestnut-beamed ceiling and limestone bar. Book the Carriage House and get the view of a beautiful garden with ivy covered walls, fresh herbs and lots of flowers. You and your guests will truly enjoy it.
5. Osteria (Philadelphia, PA): The elevated family-style Italian meals and top-notch service make this staple a favorite for your occasion. The glass-enclosed patio can seat up to 60 for a seated dinner (or 75 for standing), while smaller groups can consider the Wine Room, overlooking the restaurant’s wine cellar, with room for 30 to 45 guests. This restaurant can easily dress up or down, for whatever style wedding you envision.
6. Gran Electrica (New York City, NY): Have yourself an electric event at this gathering spot in Brooklyn. Inspired by travel, this Mexican mainstay is ideal for an outdoor event with a soiree space right under the Brooklyn Bridge! It’s totally worthy of garden nuptials and an intimate dinner with your closest friends.
7. Cannon Green (Charleston, SC): With its vibrant restaurant space, outdoor courtyard and private event room, Cannon Green will be your go-to spot if you’re looking for a truly Southern soiree. It has a mix of a 19th Century Charleston home and an old trolley warehouse. You and your love will chat up, drink up and laugh it up with your guests in this charming venue.
8. Hillside Pharmacy (Austin, TX): This antique-chic eatery is located in a historic building in Austin, Texas and is ideal for a super intimate reception with your closest friends. Though it’s not a large venue, it’s conveniently located near the heart of town. You and your beau will love its farm to table menu and family-centered atmosphere.
9. Soya (Miami, FL): Turn up the heat and celebrate your nuptials in Miami at this old train-station-turned-restaurant. You and your partner-in-crime can begin your new life with world-class comfort food and a side of whimsy. Think: live jazz music, handcrafted cocktails and a laid-back vibe. It’ll definitely be a time to remember.
10. Cafe Amelie (New Orleans, LA): Cafe Amelie is known for being one of the most beautiful and romantic spots in the French Quarter, so obvi it’s making our list. You’ll love this spot for its delicious Louisiana fare and lush decor. BONUS: Besides its enchanting courtyard, your guests will also swoon over this venue’s signature cocktail creations!
11. The Oxford Exchange (Tampa, FL): Whether you’re thinking of having a full-on dinner or simply an intimate afternoon tea celebration of your recent nuptials, you can count on The Oxford Exchange to have your back. They handle everything from catering to bar needs, and even gift registries in their shop!
12. Firefly Grill (Effingham, IL): Whether you’re envisioning a small gathering in the rustic wine room, its water-side indoor patio or the open airiness of the main dining room, this totally eclectic venue will create a lasting impression for you and your guests. Plus, they have a dedicated events coordinator to work with you throughout the planning!
13. Little Goat Diner (Chicago, IL): This cozy and intimate diner is perfect for the couple who wants to go old-school. You can use their classic diner for your gathering or take the party upstairs to their rooftop for a more rustic and casual soiree. Rock a two-piece gown and some cool-girl shoes for an affair to remember.
14. The Hive (Bentonville, AR): With an ultra-minimalist chic architecture and timeless charm, this is the kind of space modern couples dream about for exchanging their vows. The minimalist approach to decor will save you time and money, so you can focus on finding the perfect dress.
15. Owyhee Hotel & Kindness Restaurant (Boise, ID): If your home is filled with lots of vintage pieces you’ve collected while wandering through flea markets in search of one-of-a-kind treasures, then this venue is for you. As soon as you step into the Owyhee Hotel and its Kindness Restaurant, you will fall in love with the industrial interior of the venue and their curated decor.
16. Caribou Club (Aspen, CO): Boho brides, this one’s for you. If you’re still dreaming up that whimsy and colorful venue filled with an outdoorsy vibe, imagine hosting your wedding at the Caribou Club. With a few DIYs and lots of gorgeous florals, your intimate gathering will be one-of-a-kind. Plus, there’s lots to do in the area for your out-of-town guests.
17. Bar Agricole (San Francisco, CA): With the blend of industrial style and modern elegance, there’s no question that this totally hip restaurant is a must on any minimalist bride’s list. It’s located in the heart of San Francisco and their private dining room features exposed concrete, reclaimed oak floors and a very flexible yet intimate space for you and your guests.
18. Polite Provisions (San Diego, CA): Between the ultra-cool vibe and the rich history of this spot, it’s crystal clear that Polite Provisions is a great choice for any beaming bride. You could go with a roaring 20s theme or just keep it modern-chic. Either way, this cocktails-only venue will be the perfect start for your life together.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.