Winter means plenty of days snuggled up in our apartments, especially when the weather’s crummy outside (hello multi-day rainstorms/snowstorms/sleet storms). So what’s a girl to do when she’s got a whole day ahead of her and no solid plans but eating takeout and watching movies? DIY some colorful crafts. These 17 marbled projects are perfect for dreary days, and not just because they’re so bright and gorgeous. They’re a cinch to set up (and clean up). So get marbling to your heart’s content, and who knows? Maybe you’ll end up creating a gift or two for your loved ones for the holidays.
1. Water Marbled Pots: Add a few drops of your favorite nail polish to a bowl of water, then gently roll your item of choice through the colorful swirls. You’ll get a unique look every time. (via Elise Blaha)
5. Dip-Dyed Marbled Mug: Create a totally unique set of mugs by snagging a few neutral-colored cups at a thrift store, then sprucing them up with a monochrome palate of watercolor swirls. Your friends will by dying to know where you got such cool china! (via House of Hipsters)
7. Swirled Painted Beads: Get messy and have a bit of childhood fun with this cool DIY that can transform wooden beads into a bright necklace or ornament. Make a new one each year for a fun holiday tradition. (via Brit + Co)
8. Bright Marbled Paperweight/Coaster: Take a round tin, cover it in bright colors and fill it with something heavy to create the perfect paperweight or coaster. Scatter the tins around your house for pops of color everywhere. (via Design Mom)
16. Pretty Marbled Ring Dishes: It’s similar to our DIY above, but this project still gives us plenty of inspiration, especially for super uniform bowls that would be perfect as a gift for the stylist in your family. (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. Easy Marbled Paper: If you decide to gift any of these cute projects this winter, try wrapping them up in this super easy marbled paper. Or cut a marbled tag and let it pop against newspaper or parchment. (via Alisa Burke)
Which one of these fun crafts are you dying to try? Tell us in the comments below!