If we made a list of things we’re generally into, it would read something like this: DIY projects, tech gadgets, spicy food, regular food. End of list. In that spirit, we’ve curated a chili-centric recipe roundup that will satisfy your appetite and ruin your stomach lining in a single fiery bite. This post is gonna get real hot — and blowing on it’s not gonna help.
1. Harissa: Harissa is an unsung hero of condiments. It’s North African in origin, and its slow, deep burn is perfect for topping just about anything. This recipe calls for liberal ancho and guajillo chiles with plenty of fresh herbs and spices and a splash of champagne vinegar. (via Relishing It)
3. Spicy Beer Candied Bacon: Some say the bacon train has left the station, but it’s the trendy food we just don’t want to go away… because it’s bacon. This version is candied with brown sugar, dark beer and Frank’s hot sauce. Just imagine it on top of a pepper-infused Bloody Mary. GUH. (via Bite By Michelle)
8. Mango Pickle: Indian pickles combine savory masalas with all the things we know and love about regular pickles, making them anything but regular. This turmeric-fennel-and-mustard-seed-laced mango pickle is best eaten at a time when there is no chance of you making out with another human being for at least 24 hours. (via Frugal Feeding)
9. Homemade Ghost Chile Hot Sauce: No joke, this is the hottest chile there ever was. Gloves are required before you mess around with a ghost chile… and a face mask… and a stomach lined with lead. (via Jeanette’s Healthy Living)
10. Kimchi Fried Rice: If you haven’t tried kimchi yet, get on that immediately. This pungent spicy ‘kraut-like relish is packed with probiotics and it tastes friggin’ incredible. This most excellent hot date with a Korean plate can be thrown together in just a few minutes with leftover rice and a fried egg. (via Food52)
12. Thai Coconut Curry Hummus: If you’re the friend that always brings a tub of hummus to every dinner party like a jerk, at least put some effort into it next time. Serve this spicy dip with cool cucumber sticks to balance out the South Asian curry. (via FitSugar)
16. Chile Lime Peanuts: Zestfully limey with a zing of arbol chiles, these are like bar peanuts, except you actually eat them because they taste good — not just because they are sitting within arm’s reach next to your Zima. (via Chow)
17. Sriracha and Wasabi Deviled Eggs: Need an impressive appetizer to warm up your next party? Just add sake, wasabi and Sriracha to an American classic. These eggs are hellishly hot. (via Food and Wine)
Tell us why your tongue is burning in the comments below!