It’s tough being a tween, y’all. Take it from Britney Spears(ish): You’re not a little kid, but *not yet a teenager*. It’s hard to toe the line between being an adolescent but feeling like you’re ~mature~, so finding the perfect gifts for the tweens in your life is not an easy task. Gift ideas that are undeniably cool and Snapchat-able are key (duh), but tweens also want stuff that no one else will have, so uniqueness is important. Consider shopping for the tweens in your life as a challenge this year that you will gladly accept thanks to this gift guide ;)
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE STYLE-OBSESSED TWEEN
1. Black Take Out Bag ($48): How rad is this bag?! With a matte black takeout purse, any tween will be the talk of the playground in no time.
2. I Woke Up like This Tattoo ($5): While tweens can’t get tatted up IRL *yet*, they can rock temps. This #flawless temporary tattoo is so fun, and we love the pastel colors.
3. Chosungah 22 Dual Lip Tint & Gloss ($19): This dual-ended lip tint and gloss is a great option for the budding teen beauty babe.
4. Tinsel Dipper Headphone Necklace ($199): Seriously, this headphone-jewelry-necklace equals instant tween coolness. It’s a pretty genius idea.
5. Rifle Paper Co. Evelina Journal ($15): Every tween needs a place to write their thoughts, goals, dreams and favorite Justin Bieber lyrics. This pretty notebook fits the bill.
6. Pretty Little Liars: The Complete Fifth Season ($40): Winter break is the perfect time to binge watch PLL. It’s *impossible* to watch just one episode at a time.
7. Valfré Blah Blah Blah Tee ($48): This shirt says it all. Put it on when you’re feeling sassy.
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE ARTISTIC TWEEN
8. Studio Mucci Cupcake Confetti Birthday Tassel Garland ($35): This bright garland will instantly brighten up any artistic tween’s room or locker ;)
9. 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion by Adam J. Kurtz ($9): Create, create, create. This book inspires you to put the phone down and pick up a pencil instead.
10. Brit + Co Acrylic Painting Kit ($39): Fuel your inner artist with this fun acrylic painting kit. You’ll be a Picasso in no time!
11. Shop Sweet Things Necklace Kit ($30): What’s better than showing up at school after winter break with a snazzy new necklace you made yourself?
12. Rookie Yearbook One by Tavi Gevinson ($21): This book empowers you to embrace everything about being a teenager. It’s a great gift for a tween so they’re prepared.
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE GIRLY TWEEN
13. Brit + Co Woven Cuff Bracelet Kit ($19): This awesome bracelet kit is a great gift for the tween who’s girly and creative — this kit gives her the best of both worlds.
14. Bkr Heart Glass Water Bottle ($35): Stop using plastic water bottles, people! Grab one of these pretty, reusable glass water bottles instead. It’ll great on top of a desk.
15. Urban Outfitters Vanilla Cupcake Candle ($10): Sweeten things up with these adorable cupcake candles. Not only do they smell amazing, but they also bring a glitzy touch to any room.
16. Rifle Paper Co. Custom Portrait Flat Notes and Calling Cards ($165): There is, hands down, nothing cooler than a tween having her own personalized note cards. Nothing. Cooler.
17. Valfré Lipstick Patch ($12): Add this girly patch to your backpack or jean jacket to let people know you’re a lipstick lover.
18. A Ballerina’s Tale: The Incredible Rise of Misty Copeland ($25): Watch this inspiring documentary and *try* not to want to be a ballerina when you grow up.
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE TECHY TWEEN
19. Urban Outfitters Smartphone Projector ($28): This vintage-inspired projector is the perfect addition to a tween sleepover. Just add popcorn and One Direction music.
20. Casetify Bluetooth Selfie Stick ($35): Snap, snap, snap away all the selfies your phone storage can handle. Don’t forget the duck face!
21. Ban.do Giant Gem Speaker ($40): This speaker is *so cool* that even when it’s not blasting music, it’s still worth keeping on display.
22. Glitter Waterfall iPhone Case ($15): Say it with SPARKLES! No judge if you find any excuse to break your phone out and have this case on full display.
23. Gemio Boho Friendship Bracelet ($85): Basic friendship bracelets are *so* last year. Meet the new, connected friendship bracelet that lets you communicate with your pals in a whole new way.
GIFT IDEAS FOR THE SPORTY TWEEN
24. Skinnydip London Ear Buds ($22): These glitzy earbuds are small enough to throw into a backpack but stylish enough that your friends will be jelly. They’re also great for when you’re on the go.
25. Pizza Super Color Disc ($20): If you’re going to throw a frisbee around outside, it had BETTER be a pizza-themed frisbee.
26. Free to Be Bra *Wild ($48): This intricately designed bra is so pretty, the tween you gift it to will actually want to work out. The purple takes it to the next level.
27. Amongst the Waves Lotion ($24): Soften up your skin after you’ve hit the field with this super luxurious body lotion. You’ll smell *amazing* afterward.
28. We Out Here Baseball Jersey ($60): Get the sporty tween in your life a cool and funny basketball jersey. Aliens not required.
29. Sweaty Bands Colorwash Thick Purple Blue ($18): Keep your hair back and the sweat out of yo’ face with this galaxy-esque headband. It’s pretty enough to wear outside of the gym too!
30. Tangle Teezer Compact Styler ($20): Throw this brush in your bag so you don’t have to worry about tangles and gross gym hair. It’s designed to not pull and tug on your tresses, making detangling a less painful process.
What is your favorite gift for a tween? Share your thoughts in the comments below.