While most of Valentine’s and Galentine’s Day will be spent spoiling our partners and besties, we think it’s only appropriate to show ourselves a li’l love too during the most romantic week of 2017. But this year, we’re saving ourselves the high-calorie chocolates and cheesy teddy bears and opting for a treat that we’ll *actually* use. That’s right: We’re scouring the web for the coolest crowdfunds on Kickstarter and Indiegogo to find the perfect gift from us to us.
1. Jollylook: Photography enthusiasts, get ready to have your mind BLOWN. This eco-friendly camera is made mostly from recycled paper and takes beautiful analog snapshots without polluting the environment.
2. Line-us: This teensy device is a digital artist’s dream come true. The robotic arm converts your digital drawings to any notebook or scrap paper using simply a pen. From games night shenanigans to legitimate masterpieces, the possibilities are endless with this neat tool.
3. Almond Cow: If you’ve ever tried to make almond milk the old fashioned way, you know it can be a pain in the butt. Unlike other tools, this cool blender is made specifically for creating almond milk. The entire process takes about 30 seconds and gives you over an entire liter of ready-to-guzzle almond milk.
4. REFORESTUM: This iPhone game allows you to design your very own forest as if it were a simulation game — except this time, it’s actually legit. Forest Engineers will plant real trees for a one-time purchase of $7 or more. Basically, offsetting your carbon footprint just got ridiculously easy.
5. The Ridge Stand Plus: Let’s be honest — most millennials know the pain of hunching over our laptops all day far too well. Luckily, this sleek device takes the classic laptop stand up a notch by giving users the ability to raise their screen up to a whopping 20 centimeters. Say goodbye to excruciating back pain, ladies and gents!
6. 3Deep: If you’re looking for a little less clutter in your bathroom (honestly, who isn’t), this product is hella convenient. Quickly transforming from an oscillating 3D sonic toothbrush to a facial scrub brush to a massage head, the 3Deep device is perfect for your space-conscious condo.
7. OSOM Socks: As much as we love changing up our wardrobe to stay on top of the latest trends, it’s scary to think that the US generates an average of 21 billion pounds of textile waste per year. This eco-friendly company is on a mission to decrease textile waste by creating chic socks from premium upcycled yarn.
8. The Airdog X5 Air Purifier: In case you didn’t already know, not all air purifiers are created equally. What makes the Airdog X5 stand apart from its competitors is that it doesn’t reply of disposable filters that hurt your wallet AND the environment. It’s low-hassle, virtually silent and looks good in almost every room.
9. Make/100: Hillary Clinton’s concession speech has inspired countless women across the world to keep fighting for what they believe in — including Brooklyn-based creator Naoise McGee. Her limited-edition run of letterpress prints, notecards and tote bags feature quotes from HC’s concession speech and are absolutely stunning.
10. Sasha Tech Savvy Loves to Code: Sasha Ariel is a teen on a mission to inspire other young girls to pursue STEM activities and careers. To help accomplish her goal, Sasha wrote an amazing book to empower girls — especially girls of color — to learn how to code. Yep, it’s just as awesome as it sounds.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured Photo via Line-us)