10 New Kickstarters for the Gal Who Already Has Everything
News flash, peeps: We’ve finally flipped our desk calendars to December, and you know what that means… it’s time for Christmas EVERYTHING. This year, we’ve decided to start off the holiday festivities by getting our shopping done early. But while we may have picked up everything we need for our mom, teacher and Disney-addict BFF on Black Friday, we still have that one person left on our list that we just can’t quite find the perfect gift for yet. That’s why we’re scouring Kickstarter and Indiegogo for the hottest new products that even the trendiest gals don’t have yet. Let’s get shopping!
1. Nuvi: Whether you’re a light sleeper, daytime napper or frequent traveler, this smart sleeping mask should definitely be on your holiday wish list. Integrating slim speakers, lighting LEDs and a hella cool smartphone app, it’s the perfect gift for the sleeping beauty in your life.
2. Hy: While wireless headphones are almost ubiquitous nowadays, this innovative new pair has a handy new feature that tech enthusiasts will swoon over. Hy allows you to play music and answer calls just like any ordinary wireless headphones… but its genius lies in its ability to be worn for days without blocking your natural hearing.
3. Hope Carried: These high-quality baby slings and wraps are innovative, high-quality and oh-so stylish. Made by women refugees who face barriers to employment, a purchase from this cool gal brand will make all the difference this holiday season.
4. DroodleBooks: If you thought coloring books had their moment, think again. DroodleBooks are the world’s first notebooks with coloring designs at the top margin of every page. Whether you need a quick creativity boost on the job or just a simple pick-me-up while doing your weekly shopping list, this simple maker-approved notebook is perfect for just about anyone.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by HALO BACK (@haloback_products) on
5. HALO BACK: We’ve almost mastered using our iPhones one handed. That is, except for hitting the dreaded back button. This screen protector puts the back button at the bottom of your screen for easy one-handed web surfing. It’s a product you never thought you’d need… until it mysteriously arrived in your holiday stocking.
6. PlantSnap: If you’ve ever wondered what a flower in a bridal bouquet or community park was, this is the crowdfund for you. PlantSnap is a mobile application powered by AI that will give you instantaneous results for your most burning gardening conundrums.
7. Luxe Makeup Brush Cleaner: Everyone says they’re going to clean their makeup brushes… but, let’s be honest — the whole process is a tad bit tedious. Luckily, this stellar new product cleans and dries your makeup brushes in literally seconds… plus, it’s ready to ship by the end of December.
8. Moye Touchless Smartphone Charger: Goodbye, unwanted cords — this new tech is making wireless charging easier than ever. Simply place your device on or under any surface up to five centimeters deep and charge away at your touchless charging station.
9. The HIDEAWAY Jacket: You’d never believe this high-performance windbreaker folded to the size of a baseball. With 10 strategically placed panels throughout the jacket designed for any type of insulations (think newspaper or extra clothes) it’s the perfect gift for the outdoor enthusiast on your list.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured Photo via Hope Carried)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)