Let’s be real: Finding meaningful and personal gifts is hard. The key to being the ultimate gift giver is to do a little buying and a little DIYing, which is why we teamed up with Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and PBteen to put together a gift guide for everyone on your list.
Pottery Barn is the home for all things beautiful and thanks to Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen, it’s easy to find gifts for anyone, at any age. And because gifting should never be stressful, each DIY on our list is super easy and quick to do. Swipe down to see our top 10 picks!
What to buy at pottery barn
1. Plaid Alphabet Mug ($8) + DIY Hot Chocolate Kit: Everyone loves a cheerful, monogrammed mug, and this one is no exception. But what’s a mug without a cozy drink? Whip up a quick DIY hot chocolate kit in a clear plastic ornament to gift alongside the mug. Don’t forget the mini marshmallows!
2. Pottery Barn Stocking ($10.50 – 49.50) + Homemade Peppermint Bark: This gift just bursts with holiday cheer. Nothing says “festive” like a stocking and peppermint goodness. Throw together a quick batch of peppermint bark and package them in tins before sticking them in a stocking. Easiest. Gift. Ever.
3. Handmade Paintings In Sophia Thin Profile Frames ($99-$119): The holidays are the perfect time to flex those creative muscles! Bring out your inner artist by painting some abstract paintings and placing them in elegant gold frames.
4. The Emily & Meritt Jingle Bell Bottle Opener ($12.50) + DIY Mulled Wine Spice Kit: Okay, how cute is this bottle opener? It actually jingles! Toss together some candied ginger, cloves, allspice, cinnamon sticks, and dried orange bits in a jar for a quick mulled wine spice kit. Use bell bottle opener as a musical gift topper.
WHAT TO BUY AT POTTERY BARN KIDS
5. Dress Up Pink Tutu Skirt ($39), Dress-Up Pink Wings ($24) + DIY Pipe Cleaner Tiara: Can we take a moment to talk about how so many of us wanted to dress up as fairy princesses when we were little? Give your favorite little one a flouncy tutu, a pair of fluttery wings, and DIY a tiara out of pipe cleaners and pom poms. Fairy princesses are alive and well!
6. Pink Ceramic Classic Tea Set ($59) + DIY Bumblebee Tea Bags: Tea parties are always in, no matter what age you are. This little ceramic tea set is brought to another level of adorableness with these DIY bumblebee tea bags. Make your own with this free printable.
7. Nursery Horse Rocker ($149) + DIY Painted Cowboy Hat: Give the gift of playtime with this plush rocking horse and a hand-painted cowboy hat. This gift bundle will provide hours of blissful imaginative fun.
Plaid Alphabet Mug
Sophia Thin Profile Frames
Nursery Horse Rocker
Faux-Fur Collar Robe, Wolf
WHAT TO BUY AT PBTEEN
8. Faux-Fur Superstudy Lapdesk ($59) + DIY Pom Pom Pencils: In our opinion, the best work happens wherever you are most creative and comfortable, so the lapdesk is the ultimate solution to turn a couch, bed or floor into a cool work space. This one is particularly awesome because it’s basically half pillow, half desk. DIY some colorful pom poms to glue on top of pencils for the ultimate study-friendly gift.
9. Faux Fur Long Robe ($99), Nail Dryer ($25) + DIY Spa Kit: We all know self-care is super important, so why not give someone a homemade spa kit filled with the essentials: bath bombs, candles, bath salts, and of course, the ever-so-handy nail dryer and the fluffiest robe imaginable.
10. Northfield Solid Charcoal Carry On Spinner ($159.50) + DIY Pom Pom Tassel Luggage Tag: For your favorite jet-setter, give them a suitcase that they’ll actually want. This Carry On Spinner is perfect for any college student (or anyone for that matter) traveling back home for the weekend and wants something spacious and light.
And because tassels and pom poms make everything better, be sure to DIY a quick little pom pom tassel luggage tag to attach to the suitcase.
Is a little buying and a little DIYing the secret to gift-giving? We think so!
PS: Join us for a fun day of holiday workshops at Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and PBteen stores on December 9th starting at 11am, while supplies last. Call your local store to reserve your spot! Find a store here.
Which DIY gift will you give? Share your photos on Instagram using #britstagram
DIY Production + Styling: Irene Lee
Photography: Chris Andre