Tinder is an emotional minefield. For every story about internet couples who swiped their way to “the one,” there are a dozen more about bots and scammers, lame puns, guys who ghost and straight-up jerks. If you feel like you’re at your breaking point (as in, about to break your phone in half), take a break from trying to craft that perfect profile and let off some digital steam with one of our snarky suggestions for bios you’d write if you were REALLY being honest about how you feel about online dating.
1. “I’m like a reality TV villain: Not here to make friends.”
2. “Looking for the man of my dreams… not my nightmares.”
3. “If you’re only here for hook-ups — well okay fine, everyone knows that’s what this app is for.”
4. “If you say you ‘work in finance,’ I better not find out you’re a bank teller.”
5. “I reply to inappropriate pics with Google Image searches that will haunt you forever. You’ve been warned.”
6. “Only here because OKCupid wasn’t working out.”
7. “Like my photos? Each one took at least 20 tries.”
8. “Non-Hemsworth brothers need not apply.”
9. “Only send me a ‘Hey Girl’ Ryan Gosling meme if you’re actually Ryan Gosling.”
10. “Really? That’s your opening line? <– Just practicing.”
What’s the most honest thing you’ve ever written in a dating profile? Tweet us yours @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)