There’s a reason black has long been the go-to shade for It girls, editors, and lazy girls alike — it’s effortless and always chic. While the dark and dramatic shade will always have a place in our closets, lately bright, colorful clothing has been on our sartorial radar. And we’re not the only ones thinking this way — Instababes everywhere are ditching dark duds in favor of vibrant shades. The proof? It’s all in the pics below.
1. Ultra Bright Accessories: Donning head-to-toe color is a bold move — we get it — which is why brilliantly hued accessories are so key. Enliven any neutral look without going OTT by adding a sunny yellow bag (or printed scarf) to the mix. It’s really that simple.
2. Fiercely Fuchsia: Break up a monochromatic ensemble by playing with the palette a bit. Opting for different variations on a single hue allows you to create a sense of visual intrigue and dimension while ensuring you don’t get swallowed up by your look.
3. Gone Green: Pantone’s color of the year for 2017, Greenery, is eye-catching enough on its own, but when paired with shades of electric blue and neon pink, it takes on a whole new ‘tude. Brunch dates and afternoon strolls will never be the same.
4. Red Hot: Listen up, ladies! All-red-everything is an up-and-coming trend that should definitely be on your radar — it will be EVERYWHERE come fall. But why wait until September to give the show-stopping style move a try? Tap into spring’s good vibes by rocking head-to-toe red RN. Weave in graphic elements and varying silhouettes to prevent the outfit from feeling flat.
5. Posh Purple: Architect and Colorindex founder Monling Lee is making color great again with her knack for pulling together punchy outfits that heavily rely on high-octane hues. Exhibit A: This perfectly purple #OOTD that has us ready to ditch neutrals for good.
6. Rainbow Bright: Model and trendsetter Irene Kim takes the bold-and-bright thing to a whole new level, pairing technicolor stripes and an orange leather crop top with bubblegum pink locks.
7. Orange Opulence: Sara of Collage Vintage knows how to work a little color. The blogger babe dressed down a dreamy orange slip with raw edge denim and funky gold platforms for an unexpected ensemble that makes the transition from day to after-dark an effortless exercise.
8. Pretty in Pink: Power pink is a thing, people, and it doesn’t have to be Wednesday in order for you to bust it out. Be it your BFF’s bachelorette or a casual coffee date, a punchy pink frock will always be a good option. Slip it on with a pair of statement ankle boots and stunner shades, then proceed to rack up the style points left and right.
9. Fabulous Flora: While Bali would be the best place to sport bright botanicals (can we have Miranda Makaroff’s life, please), they’re just the thing to enliven any urban ensemble. Trick out navy culottes with a ruffled red and blue off-the-shoulder blouse, or throw on a vibrant floral skirt, lace-up sandals, and a plunge-neck cami for a night out on the town.
10. Yellow After Dark: LBDs are great and all, but sometimes you just need to hit reset on your after-hours arsenal. Sunshine yellow offers an unexpected twist on traditional GNO attire and is guaranteed to garner a few extra double taps. Do like Pandora Sykes and opt for a dramatic silhouette and OTT accessories for maximum impact.
11. Ombre, Obviously: Red and pink pairings are essential this season — just as lady-about-town Camila Coelho. The blogger babe’s two-tone robe instantly adds panache to a just-your-average turtleneck and jeans combo, creating an off-duty ensemble that’s fit for everything from gallery browsing to trips to the spa.
12. All the Colors: If there’s one thing we’ve learned about the spring ’17 season, it’s that maximalism is the new minimalism — and Jennifer Lake is living proof. Between the rainbow bright bag, cheery yellow blouse, and pom-tastic earrings, her colorful composition just might inspire us to part ways with neutral palettes for good.
13. Weekend Blues: Pairing two impactful colors can be intimidating — it’s a lot of look — but as Jenn of Cranberry Tantrums illustrates, taking the plunge is totally worth it. A commanding cobalt blue coat grounds the getup, while fiery red accessories bring the heat for a look that’s straight-up fire.
14. Perfect Pastels: ICYMI: Color is kind of Courtney Quinn’s thing. Take style cues from the master herself by ditching snoozy work separates in favor of showstopping pastels (the bolder the better). Between this stunning set and that go-get-’em attitude, you’ll have no problem commanding the boardroom.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!