How to ROYGBIV Your Wardrobe for Spring
Epic color blocking, anyone? The time has come to ditch your all-black-errthang routine for a colorful wardrobe that screams “spring is in session.” (If these colorful Instababes can do it, then you best believe you can too.) In place of blasé neutrals, seek solace in a slew of rainbow hues (think: poppy red, bubblegum pink, and seafoam green) that can be spotted at least a mile away. Keep on scrolling for 17 ROYGBIV-inspired statement pieces that promise to pack a major punch all season long. Who’s with us?
1. J.Crew Scalloped Romper in Tencel-Linen ($80): Balmy spring weather, you’ve been summoned. A low-key weekend spent relaxing by the pool or catching rays out back is officially a go now that you’ve got the quintessential red scalloped romper on standby. Can you say perfect beach cover-up?
2. Kate Spade Citrus Crush Statement Earrings ($98): Hello, citrus cuties! These retro earrings promise to lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to a sundress or an off-the-shoulder blouse for some much-needed Florida sunshine.
3. Cartonnier Linen Crop Flares ($98): Orange you ready for spring break? Duh. Book that Bermuda getaway STAT, just so you have an excuse to whip out these vibrant tangerine-hued crop flares. Or better yet, wear them to your nine-to-five with a white blazer, a billowy cami, and colorful espadrilles.
4. Topshop Oversized Suit Blazer ($125) + Crop Kick Flare Trousers ($68): Dressing like a banana — dare we say it — has never looked so dang good. Take your roll-out-of-bed-and-go routine to new heights by slipping this tailored power suit on alongside a plain white tee and off-duty trainers for a getup that reads HBIC.
5. Solid & Striped The Claudia Sunset Ombre ($168): This just in: We’ve uncovered the sunset ombre swimsuit of your dreams that will make you want to escape to Ibiza. The well-placed cutouts and trend-right one-shoulder silhouette serve as a reminder that warmer days are (almost) here. Mirrored sunnies aren’t even up for debate.
6. Zara Single Color Sneakers ($40): Fluorescent monochromatic sneakers are where it’s at this season. These pinch-me-they’re-lime-green trainers with matching laces are guaranteed to make an entrance like “whoa.” Style these bad boys as you see fit for around-the-clock domination.
7. Georgia Perry Green Leopard Enamel Bangle ($95): OMFG is right. Take a walk on the wild side with this scene-stealing green leopard print bangle that can be worn alone or stacked for triple the staying power. Rawr is right.
8. ASOS Petite Smart Woven Dress With V Back and Split Front ($64): Surely by now you’ve heard that it’s the year of Greenery. St. Patrick’s Day festivities or not, emerald green *could* be the unassuming power color your wardrobe’s been missing out on. Wear this emerald green sheath dress to the boardroom, a garden party, or even a date night function alongside a khaki trench and ankle-strap steppers.
9. Nixon Time Teller Watch ($60): A little POC (pop of color) is exactly what the doctor ordered to keep a case of the winter doldrums away. Give your accessories game a spring reboot with this minty fresh spearmint watch that’s arm party-ready.
10. FILA + UO Debra Suspender Overall ($98): Oh this old thing? These teal suspender overalls (with pockets!) are as unsuspecting a spring wardrobe staple as any. They’ll hold you down when out and about running errands and give you an excuse to start a ‘90s babe revolution. Pool slides and a logo crop top are mandatory, natch.
11. Partyskirts Midnight Lady Length ($204): The time to play dress-up in your cotillion best has arrived. This royal blue silk skirt will have you feeling like a modern-day Cinderella (just add glass slippers). For a contemporary twist, go bold with bright orange heels or a candy apple green blouse.
12. Carla Colour Electric Blue Frames + Green Lens ($176): Slip these electric blue frames on and you’ll be singing “I’m blue da ba dee da ba daa” in no time. You know, just like the song.
13. Golden Ponies Pastel Raincoat ($60): April showers simply don’t stand a chance when your cloudy day attire is this fabulous. (Read: This is NOT your everyday rubber ducky yellow topper.) Feast your eyes upon the pastel-hued rainy day slicker you’ll never want to take off, rain or shine.
14. Banana Republic Pointed Toe Robin Ballet Flats ($88): No need to kill yourself in sky-high pumps when you can just as easily hit the pavement in style with these neon fuchsia ballerinas. Commute-worthy and boardroom-ready, what more could you ask for? Anything to keep a case of the corporate blahs away (black slacks, ewww).
15. Free People Ibiza Jacket ($128): From the track to festival grounds (and beyond), this hot pink striped track jacket won’t be backing down anytime soon. Try high-performance leggings for a fist-pumping workout sesh, denim cutoffs for Bonnaroo, and vintage mom jeans come the first sign of spring.
16. Staud The Benito Dress ($255): Go ahead and let out a little squeal. We’re smitten too. This candy pink satin dress will double for a bevy of spring affairs (your BFF’s bridal shower! A pretty-in-pink themed brunch!) and then some. Powder blue suede platforms may or may not be in order.
17. Madewell Pink Overall Jumpsuit ($148): You had us at millennial pink tomboy-inspired coveralls that inspire you to do less. Equal parts utilitarian and femme, this hero piece flaunts a relaxed fit that will be a big hit among your neighborhood #girlgang.
Will you be investing in a colorful spring capsule wardrobe? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.