15 Reasons Why Red Is the Must-Have Color RN
Trendspotting at New York Fashion Week has us seeing red — literally. Not only are models being sent down the runways wearing every shade of Fall 2017’s It-color, but they’re rocking red makeup too — from lipstick to eyeshadow! Heck, even the street-style crowd is getting in on the action, with trendsetters all over NYC adding a pop of the color to their fashion week lewks. Keep scrolling to get a peek at how the industry is painting the town red this season.
1. Classy in Crimson: Victoria Beckham proved there is pretty much no such thing as clashing anymore. (And that mixing shades is a totally fresh way to wear the trend). (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
2. Tasteful in Tomato: Ulla Johnson also embraced the mismatched color combo situation. Who doesn’t love a chunky knit and cords? (Photo via D Dipasupil/Getty)
3. Fabulous With Fuchsia: Adam Selman brought the sexy, as per usual. Then he added a dash of fuchsia. (Magenta? Who cares — it’s gorge.) (Photo via Noam Galai/Getty)
4. Sultry in Scarlet: Prabal Gurung offered up his take on the pantsuit in a rich scarlet. Gurung completed the look with a minidress underneath — because button-downs are so predictable. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty for New York Fashion Week: The Shows)
5. Head to Toe Hue: Jason Wu’s all-red everything even included two-tone lips! (Photo via Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty)
6. Statement Lip: Speaking of lips, Michael Costello was all about the classic, bright red. Nothing punctuates an all-white look quite like a look-at-me lipstick. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
7. Muted Red: If you’re more on the toned-down side of things, Jenny Packham served up a more muted version of the red lip. Just punchy enough to get the job done! Matching moto not required. (Photo via Peter White/WireImage)
8. Rich Burgundy: Jonathan Simkhai’s models donned deep, vampy burgundy tones. Their high-shine gloss completely stole the show — no eye makeup necessary. (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
9. Color-Block Shadow: This is what we call side eye! Desigual served up some serious makeup game in the form of bold, red, winged shadow created with MAC Cosmetics Chromaline in Basic Red. (Photo via Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty)
10. Smokey Shade: La Perla’s smudgy eyes were more firey than smokey thanks to Maybelline’s Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds lipstick in Midnight Merlot topped with the shimmering plum shade from 24K Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. We dig it. (Photo via Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty)
11. Bold Coat: Fashion insiders know a bright coat is the ultimate secret style weapon. That includes this shiny, cherry red stunner. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
12. Silky Skirts: A concert tee and studded choker got a ladylike update with silky red bottoms and patent boots. And a Gucci bag, natch. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
13. Bright Bags: Nothing says “I’ve got my life right” like being able to match your bag to the piping on your coat. Bravo, sister. (Photo via Timur Emek/Getty)
14. Matchy Matchy: Don’t be afraid to wear red on red — just let your denim jacket be the go-between. This look is layered, sporty and effortless. Yes, please. (Photo via Christian Vierig/Getty)
15. Stunning Scarves: If you’re just an all black err’ thang type of chick, fear not. Lean into the red trend with a textured scarf — bonus points for a matching lip. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Getty)
Want more street style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.