19 Festive DIY Garlands for Your Thanksgiving Get-Together
It’s given that the holiday season can be stressful. From cleaning the house to prepping the food, there’s so much to do that decorating can come almost as an afterthought. Luckily, these festive DIY Thanksgiving garlands are here to save the day. They’re so easy to make, you’ll spruce up the home without even breaking a sweat. If you’re into budget-friendly crafts and unique decorations, then you’re in for a treat. Scroll on for all 19 Thanksgiving garlands to DIY for your home!
1. Tassel Garland: From sprucing up plain balloons to transforming white walls, tassel garlands are a go-to for stepping up any festivity. Luckily, they’re a cinch to put together and hang up, so you’ll have plenty of time to focus on getting the turkey *just* right. (via Homey Oh My)
2. DIY Metal Fall Leaf Garland: Give your Thanksgiving get-together a modern metallic touch with a DIY metal fall leaf garland. If you don’t own them already, invest in some metal-working tools to create this shiny garland, in addition to tons of other malleable metal DIYs. (via Sarah Hearts)
4. DIY Thanksgiving Banner: Go with a little variety for a dynamic Thanksgiving decoration. Combine a felt typography garland, a geometric shape garland and a string of pom-poms for this pretty grouped and layered look. (via Tell Love and Party)
5. DIY Embellished Leaf Garland: Add more dimension to ordinary fall leaves by tracing the veins using a black paint pen. Glue the leaves onto the garland, then add mini washi tape flags for a pop of bright color. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
6. DIY Papercute Thanksgiving Garland: Go beyond traditional autumn decor with this cute and colorful alternative. Using colored felt scraps, cut out letters to spell out a festive message and hang with washi tape. (via Poppytalk)
7. DIY Little Crochet Pumpkin Garland: Crochet details make any space instantly cozy. If you’ve got a knack for knitting, whip up this adorable mini crochet pumpkin garland to spruce up your mantel. (via Mama in a Stitch)
8. DIY Gold Tip Feather Garland: If you’re totally into boho vibes, then this feather garland is the DIY decoration for you. Glue feathers onto some string and use gold spray paint to paint the tips of your white feathers gold. (via Simple Stylings)
9. DIY 3D Fall Pumpkin Garland: No doubt this 3D pumpkin garland will *pop* out from your other decorations. Though orange cardstock and adhesive foam dots were used to create the 3D effect, you can bring the number of needed supplies down to one by using orange foam sheets. (via White House Crafts)
10. DIY Felt Bow Garland: Step up your fancy dinner party decor with a dapper DIY such as this felt bow garland. To make this colorful garland, you’ll need felt scraps, hot glue and embroidery floss. (via Burlap & Blue)
11. DIY Felt Leaf Garland: For a Thanksgiving decoration you can bring back next year, use felt fall leaves in place of real ones. The result will be just as festive but with a longer longevity. (via The Magic Onions)
12. DIY Origami Pumpkin Garland: Here’s another 3D DIY that deserves a place at your gathering. Hone your folding skills by making this origami pumpkin garland. Of course, if you’re running short on time, you can always cut out pumpkin shapes. (via My Poppet Makes)
13. DIY Painted Acorn Garland: A little color goes a long way, especially when they’re in the form of these little guys. Paint mini acorns to give them those vibrant hues a plain white wall always needs. (via At Home in Love)
14. DIY Paper Feather Garland: Use a feather template or freehand feather shapes from scrapbook paper and card stock. Cut out the shapes and string ‘em up to give your Thanksgiving get-together a whimsical touch. (via 2 Bees in a Pod)
15. DIY Simple Garland for the Autumn Season: Look to nature to construct this bright and bold garland. Sticking to muted reds, terracotta, burgundy and brown, gather dry leaves, wild fruits, twigs and whatever else you can find to design your seasonal decor. (via Passion Shake)
16. DIY Fall Leaf Streamer: Gather some fall leaves and a glue gun, and this garland is a breeze to make. Go with gorgeous mustard-colored leaves to replicate this monochromatic stunner. (via The House That Lars Built)
17. DIY Thanksgiving Garland: Make sure to pick up a pack of cardboard letters from your craft store for this easy DIY. Layer on the craft glue and gold glitter, then wait to dry, for one simply chic Thanksgiving decoration. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. DIY Metallic Leaf Garland: Put those sidewalk leaves to use by turning them into a sparkly leaf garland that’ll bring warm metallic hues to your home. A sewing machine was used here, but you can always just glue them onto a ribbon as a sew-free option. (via She Knows)
Which of these DIYs will you whip up in time for your Thanksgiving gathering? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative ways to spruce up your holiday!
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.