Deck the Halls With 30 DIY Holiday Garlands
Deck the halls with boughs of holly… and lots of other fabulous garlands. While we’ve got our eye on several holiday strands to buy, we are all about the DIY versions, too. From paper feathers to pine cones and popcorn, we’ve got a little something for everyone here. Whether you’re going for a glittery white New Year’s Eve bash or a rustic Scandinavian Christmas, check out these 30 festive garlands and start the stringing!
12. Glittery Geometric Garland: We love making geometric ornaments for the tree, so pairing them with glitter and stringing them together seems like the next logical step in our obsession with all things faceted. (via Lines Across)
15. Bow Garland: Download this free printable bow and print it onto some bright paper to add a feminine touch to your holiday decor. (via Something Peach)
19. Woven Paper Balls: These are surprisingly fun to make, and you can use any kind of paper — newspaper, metallic paper or colorful craft paper — depending on the look you want. (via How About Orange)
23. Dixie Cup Garland: Pick out craft papers that go along with your Christmas theme and then make a colorful patterned garland that offers some subtle mood lighting. (via Hey Gorgeous Events)
25. Copper Stars: This tutorial uses copper shim to make truly metallic stars, but if you want a more kid-friendly craft, you could just as easily substitute metallic paper. (via Tara Dennis)
29. Foodie Holiday Garland: Go for an old-fashioned Christmas with the classic popcorn and cranberry garlands. (via JJ Begonia)
What’s your favorite garland to make during the holiday season? Talk to us in the comments below!