19 IKEA Flower Hacks to Brighten Up Your Wedding Decor
Summer may be coming to a close, but wedding season is far from over. For frugal couples hoping to tie the knot, *now* is the time to invest in chic wedding decor that won’t break the bank. Luckily, with the help of these IKEA flower hacks for your wedding, your decor game will have never been stronger. Scroll on to discover all 19 flower-inspired IKEA wedding hacks sure to brighten up your big day decor.
1. Classic Lanterns: Stick to the BORRBY Lantern ($15) in original white for a brilliant contrast between it and its colorful blooms. Remove the lantern’s glass panes to get a similar look of flowers spilling out from within them. (via Sposto Photography / Wedding Chicks)
2. Lacey Vessels: Elevate basic white SKURAR candle holders ($3) by spraying them down with metallic gold paint. Throw in a bright flower arrangement and you’ve got yourself an elegant centerpiece. Add a table number and your tables will be totally Insta-worthy. (via Kayla Adams Photography / Wedding Chicks)
3. Ombre Candle Holders: Brighten up your tables with organic centerpieces using these modern ombre candle holders. A bit of spray paint is all you need to make this look your own. (via The House That Lars Built)
4. Faux/Real Flower Arrangement: Create one-of-a-kind flower arrangements for your wedding without shelling out big bucks using IKEA serving bowls and IKEA artificial peonies. You can even sub the faux flowers for real ones, for a more authentic feel. (via Claire Brody Designs)
5. Floral Frames: Display your favorite blossoms in TOLSBY Frames ($1) to get beautiful pressed flowers in an instant. You can leave them as-is for whimsical table decorations or paint the frames in your wedding palette for attention-grabbing displays. (via Munchkins and Moms)
6. A Variety of Vases: For serious bohemian vibes, use an array of IKEA bottles to show off your flower arrangements. Cluster your eclectic collection (the more colors and sizes, the better) to create charming centerpieces in lieu of traditional bud vases. (via My Little Secrets)
7. Painted Glass Flower Pot: Paint REKO glasses ($1) to create these bright flower pots that’ll give your wedding decor a fun pop of color. To really pack a (visual) punch, paint your pots a neon yellow or another saturated shade from your wedding color palette. (via DIY Decorator)
8. Gold Lanterns: Upgrade plain white and black IKEA lanterns to a more modern metallic gold with a coat of spray paint. Add a few matching DIYed beer and wine bottles to transform them into a cluster of chic flower vessels. (via Awake Photography / Ruffled)
10. Boho Banners: Give wedding signs and banners a green, ethereal feel by embellishing them with flowers and greenery. Opt for a bouquet to spruce up a corner, or use a whole garland to frame the outline of a sign. (via Ruth Eileen Photography / Style Me Pretty)
11. Chalkboard Easel: Highlight an IKEA MALA Easel ($20) with your chosen wedding message and a tray full of flowers. If you’d rather save that space for something else — like teeny, tiny favors — drape a green garland from the top. (via Lovisa Photo / Style Me Pretty)
12. Dip-Dyed Vases: The dip-dyed look isn’t going away anytime soon, so bring this chic modern trend to your wedding with these gorgeous IKEA-hacked vases. For a sleek and sophisticated look, dip the cylinder vases into metallic gold or silver paint. (via IKEA)
13. Hanging Vases: Elegance can often be carried out with a clean and simple look. Use ribbon to hang these milk jug-inspired ENSIDIG Vases ($2) from the chairs along the aisle. You can even use these floral vessels as centerpieces for a minimalist vibe. (via IKEA)
14. Lantern Table Settings: If you love the look of flowers and lights, surround IKEA lanterns with flowers and set an LED candle inside. The result will be super pretty mood lighting when the sun goes down. (via Urke Photography)
15. Hanging Floral Topped Lanterns: Your guests will undoubtedly be impressed by this magical sight. Hang lanterns covered in gorgeous blooms from trees and wait for the oohs and aahs when the sun sets and the trees light up. (via KT Merry / Floridian Social)
16. Hanging Pots: This hack requires little to no effort in that it only requires you to add string and flowers to your pots. Stick to twine for a rustic aesthetic, or use a colorful ribbon for a more contemporary style. (via Kirsten Smith Photography / WeddingWire)
17. Candle Holders: Spray paint the bottom half of these candle holders for a dip-dyed effect. Though succulents are used here, you can definitely display mini blooms or air plants. (via Christina Karst Photography / Ruffled)
18. Paint-Splattered Pitchers: Use acrylic paint to splatter paint all over enamel pitchers to create fun speckled vases for your flowers. A monochromatic color scheme will highlight different textures. (via IKEA)
19. Lantern Terrarium: Seal off all the gaps of a BORRBY Lantern ($15) with sealant before building your terrariums inside. Once finished, spritz a little mist, then display along the ceremony aisle for a stunning display of greenery. If white isn’t part of your color palette, remove the glass and spray paint the fixtures before working with the sealant. (via Thou Swell)
How will you display your flowers? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding decor ideas and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.