The Top 13 Home Decor Trends You Must Know for 2017
As seasons change, so do home decor trends, and the 2017 trend forecast will give you a whole lot to look forward to. Utility meets sustainability as more and more rooms integrate elements from the outdoors with a practical purpose. Think cork walls, plenty of plant life and organic materials in jewel-toned color palettes to make your style sensibilities sing. If your abode could use a little decor pick-me-up, this just might be the inspiration you’ve been looking for.
1. Bohemian Bedroom: Lucky for us, boho-chic bedrooms are going to be big in 2017, bringing all sorts of good vibes into the new year. All it takes is a few plants and colorful textiles to make the look your own. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Cork Walls: Sustainability and practicality are popping up in home decor all over the place. Cork walls are not only a visually compelling choice, but they’re awesome when it comes to blocking out sound and posting to-dos on the go. (via Real Cork Floors on Flickr)
3. Furry Furniture: Maybe it’s the ultra-soft and cozy factor, or maybe it’s the pop of aesthetic interest. Either way, faux-fur furniture is making a comeback, and we should all celebrate its fuzzy return. (via Homedit)
4. So. Much. Green: From the runway to design studios, green, in all its glory, is making itself known. And with so many shades, tones and styles to choose from, it’s super easy to incorporate, no matter your style preferences. (via Glitter Guide)
5. Jewel Tones: With green hues and environmental sustainability making their way into decor trends, it only makes sense to add jewel tones to the inspired-by-nature theme. Think emerald greens, sapphire blues and amethyst purples tied together to delight all of your earthly senses. (via Dalliance Design)
6. Marble Tables: Equal parts luxe and glam, marble tables are here to stay. Invest in a large statement piece, or layer and nest like these beautiful coffee tables. (via Alexa Dagmar)
7. Organic Materials: The outdoors is making its way in, and the organic materials trend is no exception. Wood and stone can be beautifully integrated into a variety of aesthetics while contributing a soothing natural vibe. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Retro Lighting: A mixture of old and new never fails to give depth to a design. Retro lighting is perfect for adding a bit more character without going over the top. (via Planete Deco)
9. Terracotta Tile: Classic and warm, terracotta tile is making a huge splash in the decor world. It’s a perfect way to make an ordinary space Mediterranean-chic. (via El Mueble)
10. Terrariums: Terrariums big and small are taking center stage, and thank goodness for that. With so many styles and variations to choose from, you can hang ’em, place ’em, paint ’em and fill ’em with anything your heart desires. (via From Ezter With Love)
11. Upholstered Headboards: Chic and sophisticated, upholstered headboards have a knack for tying a room together. And given that they come in every color and style under the sun, there’s basically no reason not to make one your own. (via Front + Main)
12. Vibrant Velvet: You know those jewel tones we mentioned being on the rise? Well, they just so happen to look awesome in velvet. (via Decor Pad)
Looking for more trends to take into next season? Follow us on Pinterest!