24 DIY Christmas Ornaments to Start Making Now
With Christmas decorating season in full swing, there’s no time like now to get started on DIY Christmas decor. As easy as it is to get store-bought ornaments, there’s just something so satisfying about making your own decorations and displaying them on your Christmas tree. In addition to how pretty these DIYs turn out, it doesn’t hurt that you end up saving money. If you’re like us and love all things cheap and chic, keep reading for more DIY Christmas ornaments!
2. DIY Rudolph Ornaments: Repurpose your old ornaments for a fresh new take on Christmas decor with these adorable Rudolph-inspired DIYs. So long as you have hot glue, red pom-poms and craft foam, you’re good to go! (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Mod Wooden Ornaments: If you’ve got a thing for neon and bold hues, this DIY is where it’s at. It may take an evening to whip up these colorful wooden ornaments, but they’ll last you for many more holiday seasons to come. (via Say Yes)
4. DIY Agate Slice Ornaments: There’s something just *so* enchanting about agate slice decor, so you know there’s no resisting ornaments made of these natural beauts! Leave as-is or add a shimmery gold sheen to the outside trim of the slices using a gold-leaf marker pen. (via A Bubbly Life)
7. DIY Brightly Painted Christmas Ornaments: Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t have to be a DIY master to pull off all these crafts. Take these brightly painted ornaments, for example. Just paint abstract brushstroke patterns onto white ornaments and voila! Beautiful decorations with minimal effort. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
8. DIY Buffalo Check Perler Bead Christmas Ornaments: Perler beads were a quintessential part of your childhood. Bring ‘em back with this festive DIY project both you and your kids can do! (via The Scrap Shoppe)
9. DIY Candy Stripe Alphabet Ornaments: You can never go wrong with a personalized touch. Using recycled cardboard, DIY these sparkly alphabet ornaments for the ultimate stocking stuffer that doubles as holiday decor. (via Craft Paper Scissors)
10. DIY Color Blocked Instagram Ornaments: With so many memories being made and Instagram photos being taken during the holidays, it makes sense to share them with Instagram-inspired ornaments. You can even give them away to friends and family as thoughtful gifts. (via The Crafted Life)
11. DIY Glitter Unicorn Ornaments: Few things are more magical than a unicorn… except for a glitter-covered unicorn! Transform your holiday space into a discoteque with these sparkly ornaments. (via A Bubbly Life / Hooray)
12. DIY Mini Straw Trees: Who knew such cute ornaments could be made out of something as simple as a straw? Save money on new decorations and upcycle striped straws into these mini Christmas tree-inspired decorations. (via Ef Zin Creations)
14. DIY Painted Gold Leaf Ornaments: If there’s a shortcut to making anything look elegant and chic, it has to be gold leaf. Take advantage of the DIY secret weapon by coating plain or painted baubles with it to instantly elevate your Christmas tree. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
15. DIY Eye Ornament: Bold graphics are always a win in our book. So no surprise these *eye-catching* ornaments made the list. Whip up these DIYs now for some serious holiday eye candy! ;) (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. DIY Glitter Ball Ornaments: Trick your friends and family into thinking you’ve invested in pricey Christmas decorations this year when you’ve actually saved loads with this DIY. Cover styrofoam balls in varying sizes with colored glitter and you’ve got it! (via Design Improvised)
17. DIY Piñata Ornaments: When have piñatas ever failed to make a space even more festive? Turn up your holiday decor with these fun piñata-inspired ornaments you can fill with candy or a small stocking stuffer. (via Little Inspiration)
18. DIY Marbled Christmas Tree Ornaments: Now’s your chance to put those cookie cutters to use when you aren’t baking. After creating your marbled designs, cut them out using cookie cutters shaped like Christmas trees, snowmen, gingerbread men and more! (via Sarah Johnson)
19. DIY Mini French Macaron Ornaments: You may not be able to eat this DIY but it sure does look tasty! Spray paint bottle caps in a variety of colors for this delightful dessert-inspired decoration DIY. (via Dwell Beautiful)
21. DIY Upcycled Toy Car Christmas Ornaments: Turn dollar store trees into the cutest little toy car ornaments *ever.* All you’ll need is a can of spray paint and a few sprigs from your Christmas tree. (via Let’s Do Something Crafty)
22. DIY Clay Pot Christmas Bell Ornament: Pay homage to classic jingle bells with these DIY bell ornaments made out of clay pots. They may be fun to ring, but they’ll look even more festive hanging on your tree. (via Hello, Wonderful)
23. DIY Personalized Polka Dot Ornaments: Give white ceramic ornaments a classy upgrade with gold foil polka dots and a red ribbon. Then take the extra step and add foil transfer letters for a personalized touch. (via This Design Journal)
24. DIY Pretzel Ornaments: If you love all things Anthropologie, you’ll adore these DIY Anthro-inspired pretzel ornaments. Regardless of whether your tree is huge or tiny, make sure it’s decked out with a ton of these guys! (via Brit + Co)
Which of these DIYs will you make this weekend? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative projects to make before Christmas!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!