These Punny Ornaments Are Exactly What Your Tree Needs
We love a good pun. With the holiday season upon us, why not put the two together with these punny holiday ornaments for your tree?! They’re super easy to make, so you’ll be able to save some time for a big mug of hot cocoa. More importantly, you’ll definitely be “sleighing” it (wink) with the decorations this year! Here’s the how-to. If you believe in your “elf,” you’re sure to do a great job!
– colorful ornaments
– vinyl in gold, white and black OR letter stickers
– Cricut Explorer (or other vinyl-cutting machine)
1. Measure the approximate size of the front of your ornament with a ruler.
2. Once you have the size, determine how large or small the vinyl letters need to be.
3. If you are using a Cricut Explorer (or other vinyl-cutting machine) and a blank vinyl sheet, create a file with your puns and cut out the letters as per the instructions on your machine.
4. Locate the center of your ornament and estimate where the first letter needs to be placed.
5. Place all of the vinyl letters, making sure to space them evenly apart.
*If you don’t have a Cricut Explorer or other vinyl cutter, you can use store-bought vinyl letters to apply the puns.
Don’t worry if you misplace the letters. They’re just stickers, so they’re easy to take off and re-apply!
Don’t fret if you don’t have a vinyl-cutting machine and don’t want to spend time hand cutting all of the letters! Your local craft store should have letter stickers in black and white that will do the trick.
Real Housewives of New York cast member Heather would definitely love the “Happy HOLLA Days” ornament, am I right?
Your tree will win the award for funniest this year!
Have any more Holiday puns? Or just a funny Holiday joke? Let us know in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.