9 Ways to Work Out Like Taylor Swift’s #Girlsquad
If there’s one thing T-Swift and her crew know how to do, it’s set trends. From providing on-point outfit inspo to making the summer goth look a thing, Tay and her group of crazy-talented ladies can always be relied on to show us all what’s up and coming. Lately, we’ve noticed that her friends have been seriously working on their fitness. They even work out together, which is 100% adorable. If you’ve ever wondered what this #girlsquad does to get their sweat on and how you can get in on the action, read on.
1. Karlie Kloss – AKT in Motion: Karlie, the original T-Swift BFF, loves working out. Whether she’s running a half marathon or sweating it out in the gym, Klossy is known for staying active as much as her jam-packed schedule allows. Recently she’s been spotted at trainer Anna Kaiser’s AKT in Motion. Kaiser’s workout focuses on dance, but incorporates elements of strength training, yoga and plyometrics in 10-minute circuits to make sure you get a seriously effective training session.
2. Gigi Hadid – Ballet Beautiful: Gigi seems to have taken the advice “float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” pretty literally, because she incorporates both ballet and intense boxing workouts into her routine. She and fellow Victoria’s Secret model Devon Windsor hit up Ballet Beautiful, a ballet barre focused studio in NYC.
3. Taylor Swift (and Karlie Kloss) – Body by Simone: Tay and lots of other members of her crew (including Selena Gomez!) love Body by Simone, a dance-y cardio and strength workout with locations in both NYC and LA. Like many trainers, Simone de la Rue offers streaming workouts so you can get your heart rate up in the comfort of your own home. Yes, please!
4. Martha Hunt – The Dogpound: A current model favorite, The Dogpound has been Martha Hunt’s go-to workout spot for the past few months. This no-nonsense gym utilizes a mix of boxing, strength training and HIIT routines to deliver a totally badass workout.
5. Ellie Goulding – 5th Street Gym: Ellie is probably one of the fittest celebs out there, and she takes her time in the gym super seriously –– as evidenced by her frequent workout posts and her partnership with Nike. While in Miami, she stopped by the legendary 5th Street Gym to get into #beastmode.
6. Selena Gomez – Ballet Bodies: Selena’s trainer and nutritionist Amy Rosoff Davis accompanied her on her Revival Tour so she could train her on the road. The two met at Ballet Bodies, where classes incorporate a combo of pilates mat and thigh-quiver-inducing barre moves.
7. Lena Dunham – Tracy Anderson Method: The Girls star and creator is a fan of Tracy Anderson’s dance-centric workout and has posted a bunch of body-positive shots from the NYC studio on her Instagram account. Anderson is known for her killer ab, booty and arm toning routines, as well as her hardcore cardio and an impressive roster of celeb clients.
8. Jaime King – Flywheel Sports: Jaime hits up cycling classes at Flywheel Sports, which has locations in cities across the country (yay!) Looks like Jaime knows that cycling and spin classes are great for getting that amazing post-workout endorphin rush.
9. Sarah Hyland – Air Fit: Acro yoga and aerial fitness classes are some of the most Instagram-worthy workouts out there (hello dancer pose!), and clearly Sarah Hyland thinks so, too. The Modern Family actress visited Air Fit in Los Angeles to get her fly on.
Have you tried any of these squad-approved workout studios? Show us your sweaty snaps @BritandCo!