15 Circuit Workouts to Help You Get Spring-Ready
The weather is finally getting warmer and soon we’re going to have to start un-layering all those sweaters we’ve been hiding under. Circuit training is the perfect workout for those of us with a busy lifestyle. They’re short and intense, making them ideal for toning and weight loss. Plus! The calorie burn continues long after your workout because of the intervals. So whether you’re looking for a short workout to kickstart your goal or needing a change of pace from your usual treadmill routine, check out these 15 kick-ass circuit workouts!
1. Full Body Workout With Weights: This highly efficient workout uses exercises that work multiple muscle groups so you can have an intense, full body workout in only 20 minutes! You can use light weights or skip them: Work within your comfort zone. (via FitSugar)
2. Seven Moves, Seven Minutes: Work smarter, not harder with this quick workout that boosts your metabolism with seven fat-blasting moves. Looking for something more intense? Do the workout four times for a solid 30 minutes of sweat and glory. (via Women’s Health Magazine)
4. Full Body Blast: You can’t go wrong with any workout by Zuzana, the number one fitness expert on Youtube. With a body to burn for, her workouts are short, but intense and will have you feeling the burn in the first couple of minutes. (via Zuzka Light)
5. Medicine Ball Circuits: Each circuit will have you going hard for 60 seconds, meaning you don’t have to count reps. You can bear anything for one minute, right? (via FitSugar)
6. Shed the Sweater Workout: The only things you need for this workout are a mat and some dumbbells. These movements specifically target those lovely zones like the muffin top, love handles and arm jiggle. (via FitSugar)
7. Weight Training Dumbbell Circuits: This workout leaves no muscle untouched. Try using two different weights so you can increase the challenge during a few of the moves. Circuit training is all about pushing yourself to the max! (via FitSugar)
8. Sexy Arms and Shoulders: In 30 minutes you’ll tone your arms and sculpt your shoulders. Do a little warm up, repeat all the exercises four times and don’t forget to finish with a cool down. (via iVillage)
9. Outdoor Running Circuit Workout: If the new spring sunshine is inspiring you to get out and run, try this killer running workout that will burn 300 calories in 30 minutes. (via FitSugar)
10. Upper Body Intervals: This workout requires no equipment and takes only 20 minutes, making it ideal to do in your living room while watching yet another episode of whatever show you’re bingeing on. Also, those leggings. We need. (via Pumps and Iron)
13. Body Sculpt: This video is a fiercely intense strength-building workout that will activate your core and amp up your metabolism. The only pieces of equipment you’ll need are dumbbells and a yoga mat. (via Be Fit)
14. Fat-Burning Workout: Ready to push yourself to a whole new arena of pain? This circuit workout uses weights to create an awesome fat-burning, muscle-building routine that will take your workout to a whole new level. (via Muscle and Strength)
15. CrossFit Circuit: This video works your entire body. And don’t let the minimum number of moves fool you; this workout is intense! Embrace the CrossFit aspect and push yourself to do a few more reps each time you do an exercise! (via FitSugar)
Which of these circuit workouts gets your heart racing? Let us know in the comments below!