10 ’90s-Inspired Lipsticks for Fall
Love it or hate it, the ’90s are back in style. And whether it’s fashion or hairstyles, we are lovin’ it in all forms these days. Our latest throwback-inspired trend is now all about makeup. With the rise of the nude lip (thanks, Kylie Jenner!), we’ve seen some beauty trends from the past come back in a truly fantastic way. Here are just a few ’90s-inspired lipsticks to channel that old-school beauty the right way.
1. Nudus Lipstick in 27 Kisses ($42): This creamy mid-tone mauve is just the shade you need for your next ladies night.
2. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Grateful ($24): For those looking to rock the nude-ish lip trend, look no further than this rosy nude shade from Tarte. With its creamy, easy-to-use formula, this lipstick is perfect for a girl on the go.
3. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Pink Satin ($4): This one’s for those that prefer a bit more pink in their pout. And as a super affordable option from Maybelline, this shade provides a beautiful wash of sparkle that will act as a nice transition from summer to fall.
4. Axiology Lipstick in Bad ($28): This all-natural option is a rich brown, cream-based matte that can be worn sheer or built up for a deep pop of color. Wear it alone as a bold statement, or with a made-up eye for a modern grunge look.
5. NARS Sheer Lipstick in Falbala ($27): This shimmering bronzy rose from NARS just screams Britney Spears circa “Baby One More Time.” And what’s good enough for Britney will always be good enough for us.
6. Clinique Chubby Stick in Grandest Grape ($17): A deep raspberry shade housed in a moisturizing formula? Yes, please. This look is not only totally ’90s, but it’s completely perfect to coordinate with our fall #ootds.
7. Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Amazed ($49): Remember that pale, nearly purple lipstick everyone seemed to be wearing during the 1990s? Well, this modern take on it is a stunning pale lilac pink that is reminiscent of the trend, but far more suitable for present day.
8. Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Color in Muse ($25): This lightweight option is a show-stopping matte brick red that will be sure to turn heads. For those of you that crave the dramatic beauty, this will be your new go-to shade.
9. Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Vibe 411 ($24): Another purple-inspired option, this fabulous natural lipstick is a violet shade with a subtle highlight. It’s part 1990s, part 2015, and is great for any beauty trendsetter.
10. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Illusive ($36): This beautiful matte burnt rose hue is the ultimate way to channel your inner Rachel Green. It’ll add just the right amount of color to your lips and is the ideal shade for fall.
What’s your favorite ’90s lip shade? Let us know your pick in the comments below!