Dessert fans, listen up. I’ve come up with the perfect solution for getting away with eating popsicles for breakfast. And the answer is — acai popsicle bowls. Mix your favorite acai smoothie and add it into a popsicle mold, let it set overnight, and in the morning you can enjoy this icy sweet treat alongside your favorite fruits and nuts. Let it melt into a traditional acai bowl, or eat it frozen like a true popsicle lover. Either way, it’s certain that this is the breakfast you’ll want to have on those hot, sticky summer days that lie ahead of us. Enjoy!
- 2 packets of unsweetened acai purée
- 6 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- popsicle molds
- Whisk together coconut milk, coconut cream, and 3 tablespoons of agave nectar.
- In another small bowl, whisk together thawed acai purée with 3 Tablespoons agave nectar.
- Transfer into plastic bags and pipe into the popsicle molds. Set in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Place popsicle sticks into the molds and then fill up the molds with the rest of the two mixtures. Set in freezer for another hour.
- Cut up all your favorite fruits and add into a bowl with granola. Top it off with an acai popsicle — enjoy!
Creating the mixture for these popsicles is a breeze. Mix together the coconut milk, cream, and three tablespoons of agave to create the coconut layer.
Mix one packet of thawed acai powder with three tablespoons of agave.
Transfer the mixture into plastic bags and pipe into the popsicle mold — think about which colors you’d like to have in each area. Place in the freezer for one hour before adding the next layer.
Add in your popsicle sticks and fill in the rest of the mold with the popsicle mixtures. Place in the freezer for one hour.
While you wait for your popsicles to freeze, cut up fruit! The more colors, the better :)
Grab bowls and fill with lines of fruit and granola.
Pop out the popsicles and add them into your bowls. Wait for them to melt to create acai goodness, or eat it as a frozen treat with the rest of your rainbow bowl.
My number-one goal is to add more passionfruit into my life. The mix of colors is absolutely amazing, and its taste is unlike any other fruit. If you’re a fan of sweet and tart, you need to get yourself some passionfruit ASAP.
Take your bowl on the go! Acai and fruit are much better outside.
Show us your latest project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Brittany Griffin
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.