14 Tasty Breakfast Popsicles to Start Your Morning Off Right
If breakfast really *is* the most important meal of the day, we say it calls for a popsicle. These pretty and delicious pops are perfect for starting your day off right. They’re ideal for prepping ahead of time, plus they save you time and money in the AM. And as a bonus, they can help cool you off during these last dog days of summer. While they’re not exactly Paleo breakfasts, some are actually pretty healthy — while others are simply decadent. Check out these 14 breakfast popsicle recipes to put some pop in your morning routine.
1. Yogurt Parfait Popsicles: Making breakfast popsicles is a super simple process. All you really have to do is combine your favorite ingredients, pour the mixture into some popsicle trays, and freeze! These yogurt-based pops are a brilliant example of how they can be tasty, pretty *and* healthy at the same time. (via Le Zoe Musings)
2. Easy Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles: These beautiful pops are made with fresh milk and Greek yogurt, and topped with honey, granola and berries. They’re perfectly healthy and easy to grab on the go for a convenient morning snack. (via I Heart Naptime)
3. Milk and Breakfast Cereal Popsicles: But who said that these treats have to be uber-healthy? Certainly not us! These concoctions combine your favorite dry cereal (such as Cocoa Puffs or Fruity Pebbles) with strawberry milk and banana. (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
5. Green Smoothie Breakfast Popsicles: Having a hard time drinking green smoothies in the morning? Get your greens with these delicious popsicles! They even contain the powerhouse veggie kale, which should give you an energy boost to last throughout the day. (via Floating Kitchen)
6. Blueberry Vanilla Breakfast Popsicles: Who doesn’t love the delicious taste of blueberries? These pops put them to work alongside vanilla for a decadent and delicious breakfast treat. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Iced Caramel Macchiato Popsicles: Maybe you’re not much of a yogurt ‘n’ granola kind of person … you’d rather just have your Starbucks each morning. These popsicles are based on the flavors of a cold, energizing caramel macchiato. In other words, sweet and delicious. (via Shrimp Salad Circus)
8. Berry Parfait Yogurt Popsicles: These babies are *perfect* for strawberry lovers, and even better for those who can pick up their berries from a local farmers’ market. The flavors in these pops are sure to shine even brighter with juicy, seasonal fruit. (via Well Plated)
9. Chia Coconut Pudding Pops: Vegans will love these bad boys, which contain chia seeds (a healthy vegan source of omega-3s) and coconut milk. They’re the perfect solution for a healthy and plant-based breakfast with plenty of good fats to boot. (via The View from Great Island)
10. Chocolate Chip Mint Green Yogurt Pops: Sure, they’ve got low-fat Greek yogurt in them, but these popsicles are also packed with sugar, chocolate chips and mint extract. They’re basically like mint chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast… and who wouldn’t want that? (via Wanna Be a Country Cleaver)
11. Blueberry & Orange Icy Pops: These vegan icy pops showcase the unique flavor combination of blueberries and oranges to dramatic effect. They also happen to be super healthy *and* super cute. (via Two Loves Studio)
12. Yogurt Granola Banana Pops: These guys are a little different. Rather than using yogurt or coconut milk as a base, they’re actually comprised of fresh bananas topped with yogurt, granola and dried fruit. (via Diethood)
13. Fruit & Granola Breakfast Popsicles: Here’s another iteration of the classic fruit, granola and yogurt mix. This one is made with almond milk to boot, giving it an added boost of flavor and calcium. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
14. Honey Roasted Grapefruit Parfait Popsicles: Grapefruit has a super unique flavor, making these popsicles something a little different. The grapefruit is sweetened with sugar and paired with almonds to give these pops a nutty, grown-up taste that’s still sweet and totally delicious. (via Melanie Makes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius breakfast ideas and sweet inspiration.